Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yah I got my center lock pump rebuilt and changed the burned motor with a used one which appears to be very fine. There come a strange problem. When I lock the driver door, all other doors are locked including the trunk. But the problem is that after few seconds, the trunk seems to be unlocked again automatically without me unlocking the door.

In other words the trunk gets locked as soon as the other passenger doors are locked, but immediately it gets unlocked again. I have checked this situation many times because I thought I am just mistaken. What could be the reason?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
there is a rotary tumbler/trunk lid microswitch on a trunk lid lock. I am not an expert but on the electric diagram there is clear connection of this switch with PSE module which is under the rear seat. this microswitch gives electrical signal (yes or no) to the PSE pump and it might be in your case that this is a culprit. So, in other words, the microswitch should be open once you locked all doors, but for some reason it closes ... makes a contact ... and +12 V goes into the PSE pump which triggers itself and pumps vacuum (or pressure .... I do not know but it is not important) which opens your trunk lid.

It is only guessing. No one can really help you in this case. I had some similar problems in my car and the response was almost zero. In addition, electricians here also do not want to repair such problems because they are difficult to solve and they are time-consuming and the result can be - nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel your pain. I am a new owner of a 2002 S-600 AMG and my trunk will not open remotely. Only opens using the manual key entry method. Got a diagnostic and dealership stated that I need a new PSE pump and new trunk lock. It seems my trunk lock hisses and has a leak somewhere. Anybody on this site know anything about this and can direct me to where I can get these parts inexpensively?
Thanks in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts