Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got around to finish how I want the airbox to look. The decal may or may not be familiar with some...:D. thinking about the 55 front cover or custom one...not sure yet.

like it or not...speak now or forever hold your peace...;)

p.s. 32 airbox still for sale ;)

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
1,023 Posts
I like where you put Tein decals....i think i will put them there too.
Not sure about the rubber housing though...
Whats up with the decals though?

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
I personally like the stock airbox that says Mercedes Benz ... No offense but I feel that looks incomplete. I prefer popping the hood and having a clean and solid looking engine bay. Most people don't know what engine it has anyway, unless they own a MBZ.

Just throw in a s/c and it'll be finished! lol j/k nice mod.

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
Tri-star, stock amg airbox doesn't say "mercedes" on them. you lost me with the last bit ...
The stock non-amg airbox says mercedes which is what I'm refering to. The amg airbox has the middle cut out for a supercharger correct? That is why I think it looks incomplete and to throw in a kompressor. :D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock non-amg airbox says mercedes which is what I'm refering to. The amg airbox has the middle cut out for a supercharger correct? That is why I think it looks incomplete and to throw in a kompressor. :D
uh...i'm still lost...did you not notice there's a supercharger sitting in the middle in the pics?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Esejunin, what rubber housing? for kicks and giggles...decal's from anime "Gundam".

Tri-star, stock amg airbox doesn't say "mercedes" on them. you lost me with the last bit ...
The hoses...they are rubber right? vs the plastic originals or are they rubber on 32's?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hoses...they are rubber right? vs the plastic originals or are they rubber on 32's?
they're hard rubber insulation pipe. much better insulation than the original thin plastic.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
they're hard rubber insulation pipe. much better insulation than the original thin plastic.
I see...what i would do is paint or get black hose clips, the chrome are sticking out like a soar thumb...and they would be less noticeable.
You know what i mean?

PS> Frank, when you installed Teins did you use spring compression tool? I been doing some research and since i have Teins sitting waiting to be installed i want to make sure i have all tools that can make this a breeze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts