Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
e thirty six cabrio
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying hi to everybody.. I recently bought an automatic 1993 190e 2.6L black on black with 165K miles. This will be my daily driver, specially after a serious squat day when the clutch becomes a challenge.

The interior is in excelent condition. I just noticed though that almost every 190e that is not really trashed maintains an above average interior. A/C works really well.

Hopefully with a good preventive maintenance schedule and good driving habits, this car will be very reliable. My first experice with the 3point star is with a 200D W123. The A/C botton on that thing feels like NOS - you turn it off and the car gains noticeable HP. lol

Here are some pics:

I did some reading on this forum and mbworld.org about the issues and headaches of this particular model. I don't DIY but i have a very good independent mechanic.

Here's my first contribution to the 201 forum:
I got some parts from here:
Mercedes auto parts - Mercedes Benz parts and accessories.

if i want the OEM part numbers, i check with:
Pelican Parts - Porsche Parts & BMW Parts - Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche & BMW

i get my BMW parts from pelican.

Thats about it. The 2.6L engine is really smooth. The suspension feels really bouncy. Maybe i need new shocks/springs. My E36 is on coilovers, maybe its just me.:D

My to do list for this car aside from the maintenance is just for a decent SQ sound system. I'd like to keep the interior stock so it will be a challenge because 4" fronts and 5.25" rears is not a good starting point.

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
6,726 Posts
Welcoem to BenzWorld :thumbsup:

mbworld.org is full of a bunch of ricers with benz's, pathetic really.

The car looks immaculate thats for sure.

4" dash, 6.5" rears. 4-5" door speakers. You'll be fine :p

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2, 99 SL500 Sport
1,797 Posts
Welcome!! Super clean car you've picked up there. Great to see more Bay Area W201 drivers here!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to BW.
If the ride is bouncy, get new struts and strut mounts; those will make a hell of a difference in your ride.

·
Registered
e thirty six cabrio
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody!
Welcoem to BenzWorld :thumbsup:

mbworld.org is full of a bunch of ricers with benz's, pathetic really.
I'm not a big fan of destroying the classic image of an older mercedes. A 1" drop at most and some euro headlights will do it for me. I'm still not sure about the drop. I know some have SLS and i don't want to mess with that.

Congratulations and welcome to BW.
If the ride is bouncy, get new struts and strut mounts; those will make a hell of a difference in your ride.
Thanks. Added that to the to do list. Still thinking about a little aggressive suspension but i'm leading towards the comfort bilsteins. I just want it as comfortable as possible without the boaty feeling. I know stock 190e are already known for excellent handling during its time. I'll probably go with stock shocks - whatever that is.

Welcome!! Super clean car you've picked up there. Great to see more Bay Area W201 drivers here!!
There are tons of w201s here. Maintenance and parts are not really hard to come by. There are always $500-700 parts cars for sale:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts