Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300d
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking around for used cataytic converter,my car failed the emissions test here in pa.Is there any good sites out there, that can help me? I have a 1986 300se,the dealer wanted over 2000 dollors[xx(]WOOW [:0]I realy like this car[B)]

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Used cat??? I wouldn't advize getting a used cat. I would first find out if was even your cat causing your fail at the emissions station. It could be any number of other reasons that you failed. When was the last time you tuned it up?, Is the O2 sensor any good?

If it was the cat causing you to fail, I would go with a new one. You at least know what your getting, and their's a warente...

If your still wanting a used one, try the scrap yards around Norristown, Jeffersonville, King of Prussia ( tho been a LONG LONG time since I've been there ) Bridgport/ Sweedsburg and Sweedland may still have ( all over by Philly ) Or look in the phone book. for wrecking yards or used car parts

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
You can not legally buy used cats, anyone who sells you one is risking MAJOR fines... I'll make some calls on monday and see what I can do for you on a new one.

Jonathan

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
dirtbag - 4/29/2005 10:13 PM

Iam looking around for used cataytic converter,my car failed the emissions test here in pa.Is there any good sites out there, that can help me? I have a 1986 300se,the dealer wanted over 2000 dollors[xx(]WOOW [:0]I realy like this car[B)]
1986 300SE? Is this a Euro import Gray market car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts