Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a keyless entry system I bought online (It's a nice system, btw, very comprehensive instructions) and I'd like to know where a nice source of +12V constant non-switched around the front driver side seat or around the vacuum pump in the trunk. Anyone care to give me a waypoint or two?

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
I believe there is access behind the drivers dead pedal on the left side of the drivers compartment. Basically where you left foot is. Pop the dead pedal and you will see a connector. One of the pins should work for you.

Mike

·
Registered
'89 420SEL, '93 300E and '07 Hyu Santa Fe
562 Posts
Tap into red/red white cable that goes into vacuum pump in trunk. All your wiring needs are there.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,132 Posts
Yup surely just connect to the pump power? If not, as Trooper says, remove that panel to the left of the pedals and there is an accessory block there which Mclare posted the switching details of, meant for the connection of accessories.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
I just did a full write up of the X30 Power Block under the DMP like 2 weeks ago detailing all of the pins under there. There is also a constant +12V source at the trunk light in the trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts