Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good place to get Brabus wheels for a good price? Looking for the 22" Monoblock E or S....

So far I have been quoted $7400 with Toyo Tires from a local dealer.

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
377 Posts
Search for post from boxboss. He posted the great deal he got on 20 mono E's. I think he paid around 5K for tires and wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can get from k1 motorsports, they have a very good prices for brabus. I got my mono S 22 inch for 5700 include tax. Then go to american tire (discount tire) and get the 305/35/ZR22 pirelli tire for the total under $7000.00

·
Registered
GL450 Alabaster White/Black Interior
14 Posts
Does K1Motorsports do installation as well? In looking at there website it looks like they just sell the stuff. Thanks in advance........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just talked to Wheel Supply in Southern CA...

The Wheel Supply, Inc. - About Us

Said he could do 22" Monoblock S for $1300 per wheel plus shipping (tax included).

Anyone dealt with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System yet? Did you guys just take the sensors out and put into new wheel?

Also what is right tire size? 305/35/22 or 305/40/22?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
07 GL450 05 645Ci
123 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, but (as oknish knows) I've been playing with sharks and dragons the last 5 days!

I contacted 6 or 7 online dealers for my 20" Monoblock E's. K1 had the best deal by far - thanks to Brabus164 for telling me about them. I'm in the South, so installation options by K1 are unknown to me. Brabus-usa recently removed their GL price list from their website but list for the 20" E's and S's was ~$1195. If memory serves, the 22's were ~$1500. I'd rather not post the discount in public so PM me for details.

K1 was very easy to deal with. I received the well packaged wheels via UPS about 10 days from ordering. They were shipped from Brabus' Miami distribution center. Shipping was $150 - less than anyone else I contacted.

The recently removed Brabus price list indicated 2 tire fitments for the 20" wheels: 295/45 and 305/40. Emails from Brabus stated the 305's were used exclusively, but the 295's were on their list at one time. I'm going with the 295/45 tires. Tirerack had a much better price than I could get locally - they had Pirelli 295/45 for $213/ea, which is what I will use - drop shipped to my local installer.

Emails from K1 as well as Brabus indicate the OEM TPM's are fully compatable with the Brabus wheels. Installation for me: removing the TPM's from the 18" stock wheels, installing the TPM's in the Mono E's, and mounting and balancing the Pirelli's is a ridiculously low $65 for all!!! That's from a Tirerack recommended installer that has only good reviews (gotta' love the south. :) )

I will be all in with tires, wheels and installation for just under $5k - which I think is a great deal for the Brabus/Pirelli combo. BTW, K1 includes bolts, Brabus logo center caps, and spacers in the price. ALL the Brabus GL wheel fitments start with a 60mm offset and spacers are included to correct to final ET.

Right now, my wheels are in the garage awaiting the GL. My SR notified my today that delivery has been pushed back a week to 5/10. :mad: I hope I've answered all the questions - if not, just ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to second what boxboss said, I just completed an almost identical transaction (on his recommendation!). I ordered the 22" Monoblock E from K1motorsport, and they took just over a week to get to the Vegas area (shipped from California via Overnight Express company I believe).

I went to Discount Tire for some 305/40/22 Pirellis, got in a little debate over whether the spacers were safe or not (they almost wouldn't install them at all), and finally got things done. The OEM sensors transferred just fine, and everything looks good. Pics can be seen in a separate thread if needed :)

·
Registered
07 GL450 05 645Ci
123 Posts
VegasDude said:
Just to second what boxboss said, I just completed an almost identical transaction (on his recommendation!). I ordered the 22" Monoblock E from K1motorsport, and they took just over a week to get to the Vegas area (shipped from California via Overnight Express company I believe).

I went to Discount Tire for some 305/40/22 Pirellis, got in a little debate over whether the spacers were safe or not (they almost wouldn't install them at all), and finally got things done. The OEM sensors transferred just fine, and everything looks good. Pics can be seen in a separate thread if needed :)
:thumbsup: Glad I could help.

·
Registered
07 GL450 05 645Ci
123 Posts
Now that is a good idea! I've never lost one, but have had them roll under the car or out of sight resulting in a time consuming search to find it.

·
Registered
GL 450
9 Posts
VegasDude said:

Would you mind telling me how your GL now rides with 22s? I just bought my wife one with OEM 19s and I'm ready to move on to something better. Just left the Newport Beach Barabus store and saw the Mono S's, needless to say I'll be getting them from k1 but am undecided between 20s and 22s. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts