Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I think I found the rims i want. Sorta.

TSW Vortex
Front Size: 18 x 8
Finish: Hyper Silver
Offset: +32mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x112

Rear Size: 18 x 9
Finish: Hyper Silver
Offset: +35mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x112

Im pretty sure they will fit.....the only thing that isnt perfect is the color...I want these wheels to be black but they are ot offered in black. Do body shops paint rims? Does anyone know of another set that looks similar to these but are black?

pic of them pic

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan
74 Posts
they dont look too bad

if you want a 5 spoke pattern like that there are a lot of options for you. If you have the money I would look at Volk or Work....both are the same company and make amzaing wheels

Also, if you want a more sporty look I would go with OZ wheels (my favorite/future rims are OZ Ultraleggera)

As for the color.....I'm not sure if body shops paint them, but if they do they would charge a ton becuause it is some work to do. My friends and I painted my friend's stock WRX rims back. First you clean then sand the wheel. If you want to put primer, then about 4-5 coats of wheel paint, make sure its even, and then if you want them to be like shinny put a few coats of clear coat. The whole thing took like 5-6 hours to do all of the wheels with like 4 people. Its a lot of work, but it can be done and the rims looked good

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
body shops can paint them. usually around $300-350 for all four. some body shops has the sand blasters which is easy for them to take the paint off and refinish it.

shivi, Volks and Work wheels are different brands. Rays and Volks are the same brand.

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately money is a little tight at the moment and I have decided that I definitely want to buy the right colored wheels instead of getting them painted. Seems like it would be a hassle. I need cheaper rims because I want 18s and my tires wont fit on them (obv). I suppose everyon has different tastes I happen to like 5 spoke wheels with no extra details. Simplicity is kinda my thing...

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan
74 Posts
shivi, Volks and Work wheels are different brands. Rays and Volks are the same brand.
doh.......my badd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts