<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>
Ray

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If glowing endorsements of great independent shops aren't rolling off other Benz owners lips, when you ask them. Head for the nearest dealer, I know it's $$$ but in the long run...you get what you pay for! Good Luck!

·
Registered
2001 ML430
19 Posts
Not so according to my old independent Porsche mechanic. He explained that when a young m...

Not so according to my old independent Porsche mechanic. He explained that when a young mechanic is starting out, he will work for 6 or 10 years at a dealership. Then if he gets really good and thinks he can do better on his own, he will open his own shop.

What the dealership provided me was magazines to read, mediocre coffee to drink and a lot of trouble getting to talk to anyone remotely connected with working on my car. And very high prices. Once I found my independent I never went back to the dealer.

I had a used car that was out of warranty, not sure if my decision would have been different with warranty work.

·
Registered
1976 450SL
7 Posts
dealer non-recommendation

I certainly woud NOT suggest the MB dealer on PCH in Torrance (unfortunalty the only one in the South Bay). I have been there several times and leave POed every time, even for just parts service.

I go to Drivewire.com for all my parts.

My 2Cents

CH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts