Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 BMW 528i
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a really good place to have a W140 tranny rebuilt? I dont want corners cut since this car will be driven for some time yet...Its a shame it needs to be rebuilt after only 120k some odd miles. Must be one of the first 5-speeds out. Oh well gotta roll with the punches haha[:(]

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
TBR is one of the best, I've sold/installed their tramissions w/ nothing but excellent results. I have been to his shop and the level of cleanliness is Insane. Ron, the fellow that owns it is a little nuts, but he is Thorough!

Let me know if I can help.

Jonathan

·
Registered
98 BMW 528i
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the info! yeah could you possibly give me some contact info? where are they located? THANKS!!

·
Registered
1993 500 SEL
27 Posts
if there is anyone near Long Beach, CA my shop rebuilds merc transmission. one of my guy here works with all mercedes and he specialize in all transmission himself. the shop is call "Platinum Collision Works" we do body work and all mechanical repairs. just to let you know[;)]free estimate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know of a good transmission shop in the Dallas area? I have a '92 300SE that needs to have the transmission rebuilt.

Thanks

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
LBC500SEL - 5/14/2005 10:51 PM

if there is anyone near Long Beach, CA my shop rebuilds merc transmission. one of my guy here works with all mercedes and he specialize in all transmission himself. the shop is call "Platinum Collision Works" we do body work and all mechanical repairs. just to let you know[;)]free estimate.

Do you have price info for rebuilding a 1994 S420 tranny?

Thanks[8D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts