Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'99 ML 430
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking today at ebay Germany, and found a really nice item for our ML.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57435&item=7973696448&rd=1

As you see from the before and after photo, it gives the rear wipper a very nice updated look ---

The question is how can we get some of these here in the States? How about a group buy,... Drew, do you still have a contact in Germany?

This looks like a must have for me and is on my short list.

Anyone else like this?

·
Registered
'99 ML 430
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, here is the Babel Fish German to English translation -- less than perfect:

"They offer rear windshield wipers on a complete umruestsatz on the aero twin for its Mercedes Benz ML W163, m-class. The set consists of the wiper arm for aero wipers and the aero wiper blade as well as the cap. It concerns original new parts in 1. Choice. The aero wipers are characterised by the perfect edition on the windshield, accordingly distinguished wiping result, very small wind noises and not least the substantially more responding optics."

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
I want one as well ... [:D]

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Great find my friend.......l've always disliked the rear wiper set-up on our W163..Count me in !!!!![:D]

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
My buddies growing up used to say

I'll beat you with a wet spaetzle.

The pressure point needed at the end of the wiper arm for maximum wiping ability under all conditions is perfectly fine in the oem application. Well, I have had no issues with my standard rear wiper swiping water out of the way productively and at will.

The metal part of this German wiper available on ebay looks great. Very MDX-like. But the rubber extension on the end can only be relegated to flaping in the wind on a good day and merely a wet noodle amongst pressure and precipitation. If only the metal cover could extend to the point of the oem wiper--and with a similar spring load. Then you might have a functional, good looking aftermarket idea. As it is in this link...no thanks.

BUT thanks for the original post and exposing benzworld browsers to a new idea!

danke schoen. Guten tag.

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
856 Posts
I rarely use my rear wiper anyways since rain-x does a good job at it.... Count me in if there's a group buy on this ....

probably going to be a dust collector for me but looks good =)

·
Registered
'12 Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 (sorry!)
397 Posts
Upgrade also available for front wipers

Hi,

For 78 EUR, the same seller also offers an Aerotwin upgrade kit for the W163 front wipers:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57435&item=7973700735&rd=1

Before:

After:

Nice, clean look. If my W163 wasn't to go in 6 months, I'd get these, front and back.

@Lochs: It may seem like a flimsy piece of rubber, but it's in fact the AeroTwin-blade that looks that way. I have had similar blades (from Valeo) on my W163 for the last 8 months now (see photo in the Gallery), and they're excellent, but my retrofit blades, using the existing wiper arms, are less good-looking. OTOH, I've been able to fit longer blades than this solution, this ensuring max. cleaned area. In this solution, the passenger-side wiper is a bit short.

BTW, if you get front and rear blades simultaneously, the shipping is free.

Cheers,
Birger

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
RE: Upgrade also available for front wipers

I would like to get the front and rear wipers, could someone set this group buy up please. Great find !! [:D]

·
Registered
397 Posts
Origins of the retrofit AeroTwin wipers

I checked out the seller's main website: www.teileguru.de

He specializes in VW and Audi - I have an idea that these retrofit wipers for the W163 could originally be VW Touareg or Porsche Cayenne-sourced.

Before going off organising a group buy, have a look at a VW/Porsche dealership and check out the wipers. It might be easier and cheaper to get them from there than from Europe.

Cheers,
Birger

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
RE: Origins of the retrofit AeroTwin wipers

These are actually the same wipers that come on the newer S classes. I saw them on the new S classes at the dealership today. Maybe it is an easy retrofit .. I will look into it.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts

MLOffRoad - 5/14/2005 10:19 PM

These are actually the same wipers that come on the newer S classes. I saw them on the new S classes at the dealership today. Maybe it is an easy retrofit .. I will look into it.
Thanks.....sounds great..let us know, as soon, as you find out the info....[:D]

·
Registered
397 Posts

Correction:
MLOffRoad - 5/15/2005 4:19 AM

The wpiers themselves are the same as on other recent MB's. The wiper arms are quite another matter, and in no way sourced from an S-Class (IIRC, the S-Class does not have a rear wiper!) - thus my assumption that the wiper assemblies are VW-sourced.

Birger

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Excellent! Right now I have aero wiper blades on the original wiper arms and it does look a little, shall we say, agricultural. I bought a set of fronts and a rear from this ebayer...

·
Registered
'99 ML 430
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Redeye... How is the quality of these wipers, and was the rear wiper a easy install? Love to see some photos if you have a digital camera.

Good to know you have used the same ebayer...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Antonio, I bought the wipers you found so don't have them yet. My existing aero wiper blades are also sourced from Germany, but they are mounted on the original arms (like Birger's setup) so don't look exactly right. They work real well though. When I get the new ones, photos will be taken.

·
Registered
'01 ML55
972 Posts
You should be able to but the wipers from your LOCAL Bosch supplier in North America. They are available in Canada at many stores that carry Bosch parts.

They did come out in Europe first, but were available in N.A. late this Spring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts