Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Navy,

Did you get the last bid? Is it yours, or were you just considering it? Yep, like you said, just needs a hug, I would have went for it, esp. if it was close to you.

All the rust could have been patched & Por-15'd. W under 170k, lots of live left in her, even on a Veggie Diet. Mostly just a new rad & your time.

Let us know,
Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its mine, just havent picked it up yet.

This weekend I'm going to get it towed over here.

Was going to do enough to get it run right, then sell it for $1500

or is there a way of selling it now as is for $1000

I dont think the veggie system add value, does it?

·
Registered
291 Posts
personally if i were going to go through all the trouble i'd use it as a beater car, but i suppose if you can find the right guy to buy it. veggie systems i think tend to scare off most normal buyers. though you might get the dirty hippy dude that wants a veggie system despite his lack of knowledge outside forum readings. in my area at least cars with these sort of systems sit on craigslist for many months haha.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
personally if i were going to go through all the trouble i'd use it as a beater car, but i suppose if you can find the right guy to buy it. veggie systems i think tend to scare off most normal buyers. though you might get the dirty hippy dude that wants a veggie system despite his lack of knowledge outside forum readings. in my area at least cars with these sort of systems sit on craigslist for many months haha.
Really, they sit on Craigslist for months? I couldn't find one, maybe just the area that I live.

I wouldn't call it a beater, It would make an excellent DD. If you ran the 2-tank system, it would pay for itself in no time!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Its mine, just havent picked it up yet.

This weekend I'm going to get it towed over here.

Was going to do enough to get it run right, then sell it for $1500

or is there a way of selling it now as is for $1000

I dont think the veggie system add value, does it?

Congrats! If they couldn't get 1K out of it on Ebay, than maybe not.

Dave

·
Registered
291 Posts
haha, well when i say beater i guess i mean a daily driver but just not one that i'd be putting much money into. if i window motor went, i wouldn't go fixing it, that sort of thing. (unless you've already got the spare part)

but yeah, most of the "veggie converted" ads on CL around here have a tendency to stick around for a while. Personally im not big into jumping into someone else's project car. too often you find hack job wiring and such.

either way to the original poster let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
462 Posts
You can get new replacement key heads from autohaus or partsgeek real cheap. Fix the rust and radiator and it will be good to go.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Agreed, just get her on the road!

Dave

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Mercedes-Benz : 300-Series Mercedes-Benz : 300-Series | eBay

It's pretty local to me, so transport isnt a cost.

Was told her brother hit a tree slow enough to damage the radiator condenser but not push it back into the pullies.

Was considering fixing this up and reselling it, not to fond of the modifcations made (veggie oil)

Thoughts?
How's this going? A PU truck just broke the land speed record using B20. It didn't break it until they added the B20.

How long did they run WVO in her?

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts