Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 SEL 560
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've bought a 1987 420 SEL for my son and he has a question. Since there's no more room in our garage for another car, the 420 will have to be parked outside. Is there a recommended or time tested car cover that won't scratch the car up? Thanks.

·
Registered
1982 500SL AMG "Darmstadt Branch"
1,100 Posts
Get a Covercraft Evolution 4. Excellent quality don't get a cheap cover. Protect the investment. I use these myself. If you have the ornament check on that as I am not sure if they make them with.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have used California Car covers "Stormweave" and NOAH models on about ten cars I've had. The NOAH model I believe is the same material as evolution fabric (or has same characteristics). The Stormweave is a little heavier construction and better for preventing parking lot dings. They cost about $200 (NOAH) or $220 (Stormweave) for a full size Benz. 4 year warranty I think, and thats about their lifespan. I'm a very happy customer.

If you keep the cover on it most of the time it stays really clean and UV protected and doesn't need to be washed constantly from sitting in the elements.

They also have a great warranty service- if it has a problem they will send you a new one if it is still in warranty period. Ive been using their products for about 20 years.

The ornament shouldn't be an issue- if you call them they can make a raised pocket for it. I've had them custom tailor a few of mine with no problems.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
A friend of mine with 18, yes, 18! MB's is a sort of an "expert" in this area. For outside use, she recommends Weathershield or Nextech brands as the best.

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
653 Posts
I just started looking for a different type of cover for a daily driver (something with a lighter gage material that can easily be removed/reinstalled in the rain), but I want to second the Noah recommendation. Like mtbguy, I've also used these (and the similar Evolution covers) for the past 20+ years and have only good things to say about them and their maker, Covercraft. Great customer service, too. Highly recommended!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.