Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been sitting there for coming up to 4 mponths now, i filled the tank right up when i put it away, its been on blocks, i took the battery out and kept it fully charged and its kept its charge really well, only topped it up a couple of times. the cars been under a cover which i took off every couple of weeks when it was sunny to let the air in and sprayed the engine down with wd40 a few times and all the chrome. any adice before staryting/drivcing it? do you see any nasty supprises? i hope it just starts ok! also i got a nice piece of wood for the centre console 2day off ebay, will fit it at the weekend!!!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Advice? Check everything first before you start. Maybe the fluids have settled a bit, the electricals might have a hard time starting the car, or you might see a small furry animal inside. [:D] There might be a smell too. [:O] You could gently give it a stretch or a long haul for a while to keep her blood pumping again!

Goodluck! Oh, how did your event (forgot what it was) in LA go? Didn't hear about it anymore.

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, do you think there is anything i can do with the electricals or just hope for the best?
LA was good, we were just training but it was sick,,, gotta love LA!

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
maybe give a few pumps on the primer b4 u crank it over for the first time. warm up easy, take it out on the highway for a while to get the engine nice and hot ... then change the oil!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
rib - 2/14/2005 2:04 PM

thanks, do you think there is anything i can do with the electricals or just hope for the best?
LA was good, we were just training but it was sick,,, gotta love LA!
You could retighten the bolts you see if they're loose, just in case. And check everything first. 4 months is alot of time. Agree with changing the oil! Maybe regrease some joints like throttle linkages and such. Check for any signs of corrosion too while you're at it.

Glad you enjoyed it here! Too bad you missed the Feb 5 meet. I bet you missed your car! I did miss mine when I went for a 3 month vacation. [:p]

Oh, and after the long drive, give it a good washing too!

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the advice guys, i will probably be doing in in a couple of weekends time, i'll let y'all know how it go's!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts