Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have a 450SE sedan in mimosa yellow. Naturally when we purchased it, the bonnet emblems were missing. Could someone tell me if the stand up star on this colour was originally gold? The boot "450 SE is certainly gold and the car has a gold vinyl strip down the sides. Was this original. I have not been able to find an image of one that show these details, and thought you guys maybe able to help. Thanks .....:):)

·
Super Moderator
85 Audi Coupe Quattro, 85 Audi Coupe GT, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
18,340 Posts
I think adsitco.com sells gold hood stars. AFAIK, no gold options were available from MB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gold emblems???

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that the car would not have had gold emblems when it was first sold? If that is the case we would be better to try to get chrome emblems, wouldn't we. We are in Australia and it is hard to come across good ones. They are very cheap things.

·
Super Moderator
85 Audi Coupe Quattro, 85 Audi Coupe GT, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
18,340 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that the car would not have had gold emblems when it was first sold? If that is the case we would be better to try to get chrome emblems, wouldn't we. We are in Australia and it is hard to come across good ones. They are very cheap things.
There was a fad during the 90's where people had their cars chrome trim electroplated gold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts