Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6336&item=4535293668&rd=1

what bout this one???

·
Registered
2004 ML270
531 Posts
Looks like a pig to me.

You could easily dump a ton of money into something like this.

It looks like it just has an AMG bodykit and that's about it.

Definitely not worth 10k, perhaps 3k. Look at all the little trim bits that are broken or missing and the general neglect of the car.

Matt.

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
MBGary comments
Nicely detailed, Question: Service records past owners not offered? Question: low milage you have to be joking? Center console needs stripping, the 15" wheels are out of date, I agree the AMG body is an after market add on, definently not a Euro AMG. Question: If the unit is such a collectors item why has the dealer resorted to trying to sale it through an AUCTION!!!!. I guess he wants to recover his costs for all the hand washes and gas for test drives etc. appears its winter driven also why would you drive a collectors car in the winter!!! Question: the price good luck? wish him the best. attached my original 1988 SEL Euro 300HP with 17" 3 pec chrome alloys. yes its for sale but only in Canada.
MY Edit forgot about the radio seems to be worth more than the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
What a con. Look at the instrument cluster - even I can tell that it is not an AMG. And what the HELL is that 'Unleaded Gasoline Only" sticker doing there? The sticker looks like it was ordered from those mail order personalized address labels on the back page of TV Guide.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
The sticker is there because its a Euro import. All Euro import cars recieved those stickers that say "use unleaded fuel".

The car has the right AMG bodykit and badging. Besided the bodykit.. there doesn't SEEM to be any other work done. I've got an old car magazine in German where it shows ads for AMG that you can buy through a 3rd party. You can purchase wheels and bodykit and other odds and ends.

·
Registered
84 300TD, 2005 CDI, 2006 CLS55
1,041 Posts
when did amg go to the newer style of amg badges? I've just bought a 85 500sel euro model that has a amg badge- but have no proof that the car ever had amg work on it. It has a amg badge -- ///AMG -- not like the one on ebay.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
when did amg go to the newer style of amg badges?
'93 or so is when they started turning up. The newer style badge on a W126 is most certainly a "cosmetic" add-on, unless the previous owner lost the original badge or just wanted to update it. I think there were a few years where there were a little of both. I'm sure you've seen the smaller, plastic plate that has "///AMG" with black plastic background vs. the newest which are all seperate lettering. My wheels were made by O.Z. in '94 and have the old AMG stamp.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,103 Posts
The ad implies the car has "AMG spoilers, suspension, steering and V8" but we can plainly see on the photos that that's not true. Spoilers, maybe. Suspension, perhaps. But definitely not the steering wheel or the engine.

Speaking of the engine, I was also intrigued by this comment: "SPECIAL NOTE: Mechanically this 500SEL AMG has only 114K miles." Mechanically? But, what, spiritually it doesn't??? I got the feeling that what they meant was the car has had its engine replaced at some point. Who knows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts