Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, been on the forums for the past week now, reading and getting my ML education.

Any accessories that you find particularly useful?

Any questions I should ask at delivery?

Any other tips are welcome as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
Hi Everyone, been on the forums for the past week now, reading and getting my ML education.

Thanks!
Before you sign the papers ask your salesperson to throw in a set of rubber OEM floormats. I always do that and they never refuse. They come handy during winter months here in the Northeast with snow and salt.

Also just walk around and inspect the car. Just because it is new doesn't mean it will be impeccable. It should be but you never know. Years ago I bought a new Grand Cherokee and the morning after delivery I discovered a hairline crack on the windshield three inches long caused by a rock. I was positive that no rock hit the car during the ten mile ride home the evening before and while the car was in my garage but the dealer would not accept responsibility to replace the glass. Instead he repaired it and I lived with it. I am convinced it was caused while parked at the lot right next to a major road.
Needless to say they lost me as a customer for ever.

I don't mean to scare you, I am sure your car will be as you expect it to be. Just do a walkthrough and take your time to ask questions.

Enjoy your new ride!!

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts

Thanks!
I love the diesel engine. :D

If you even think you might want to tow a trailer get one with a factory installed hitch. It's much cheaper than a retrofit.

Get at least premium package one. I have an iPod/iPhone adapter too. If it's cold where you live get heated seats. The running boards are useful.

Get floor mats or liners. I've been advised that black is the only color that looks good once they're in service.

The electronics takes some time to figure out. Read the manuals. Don't try and figure it out when you're driving lest ye end up in a ditch, or worse. :eek:

Don't pay too much.

+1 on the walk around. Do it in good daylight.

·
Registered
2008 ML350 Iridium/Ash
132 Posts
Going to pick up my 2011 ML350 this weekend - tips?

Lift with the legs, not the back!

Good luck and happy motoring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention, it's white with black interior, p1 package and heated front seats.

4matic as well.

We wanted the palladium exterior with black interior, or black / black but alas, none could be found.

Will definitely ask about the floor mats.

Anyone have that collapsable trunk box? When folded, does it fit under the trunk deck?

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
Re the floor mats: There are two types. One is just flat rubber mats, and the other is moulded liners. The salesman typically throws in a set of the rubber mats. They are awful. All they do is allow snow and slush to melt and flow under the mats, which then protect the dampness and stop it from drying out! Either get him to throw in a set of the liners or buy some yourself from Weathertech. Worth every penny if you live in anywhere that gets snow.

Enjoy the new wheels!

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
Re the floor mats: There are two types. One is just flat rubber mats, and the other is moulded liners. The salesman typically throws in a set of the rubber mats. They are awful. All they do is allow snow and slush to melt and flow under the mats, which then protect the dampness and stop it from drying out! Either get him to throw in a set of the liners or buy some yourself from Weathertech. Worth every penny if you live in anywhere that gets snow.

Enjoy the new wheels!
You are in Calgary so you get much more snow and for longer periods than we do in Western Pennsylvania. The rubber OEM mats do just fine for our winters. Not awful at all especially if one taps their boots/shoes upon entering the vehicle, the amount of water they hold is fine.

·
Registered
2011 ML350 BLUE TEC retired- 2010 X5 35d, 2008 X5-3.0, 2007 X5-3.0, 2006 325-3.0
13 Posts
If this is your first MB their site has videos that cover most operations.
Telephone, nav, audio, etc.
If you are pairing a phone they also have instructions for doing so.

I am first time MB and found the info very useful.

Just be sure you are getting what you paid for.

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts

Enjoy the new wheels!
I've got the moulded plastic liners in my new ML350 BlueTEC. I had the rubber mats in my previous two W203 C class cars. The rubber ones are fine as long as you get the ones that snap onto the fittings on the floor. The rubber mats with metal clips and stick pins are not acceptable IMHO.

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts
I forgot to mention, it's white with black interior, p1 package and heated front seats.

4matic as well.

We wanted the palladium exterior with black interior, or black / black but alas, none could be found.

Will definitely ask about the floor mats.

Anyone have that collapsable trunk box? When folded, does it fit under the trunk deck?
White is a great color. :)

·
Registered
'11 ML350
131 Posts
the only accessory I bought that was not factory installed was a "full wrap" clear bra. 24" on front end, bumper, etc., mirrors, A pillar, small strips for door edge protection, door handle cups, stainless steel strip in door entry, etc. I was going to have this done at a detail shop but he dealer did the same work and same materials for the same price.

Oh, also had a detail shop install Huper Optik nano ceramic window film. Really nice stuff and clearly blocks out a lot of the solar rays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I have the same one, only not 4matic. How has it been going? I love it, when I am in and have some people with me they never want to get out. They're into BMW's lol. Great choice with the white btw! Looks great @ night

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
What did everyone get in terms of cargo nets for the rear?

One I looked at in a showroom had a plastic bag with what looked like a cargo net, I took delivery of mine yesterday and there was nothing.

What else are people using for cargo organziation?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts