Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new gl550. I was hoping to about 15k to 17k off of MSRP. Is this realistic for a leftover 2010? Anyone know of any good deals out there? I'm ready to buy and very anxious! TIA

·
Registered
128 Posts
First off, I can't say what the demand for a GL550 is. The market for such a high end SUV can't be that high, IMO. Having said that, I can speak for the 2010 GL 350 and 450. I just purchased a 2011 GL350 for a price that we are very happy with. I also looked at the 2010 models. In either case, I had a heck of a time finding a white GL350 (wife's ride).
When I was at the dealership, the saleman said that there are plenty of GL450s and 550s, both 2010 and 2011 models. I could have picked up a 2010 GL350 or a GL450 for about $8-$10k off of sticker before the addtional discount through my bank; probably a better deal on the 450.
My suggestion is to go to the largest dealership that you are willing to drive to; when I mean "largest dealership", I mean by selling volume.

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
I'm in the market for a new gl550. I was hoping to about 15k to 17k off of MSRP. Is this realistic for a leftover 2010? Anyone know of any good deals out there? I'm ready to buy and very anxious! TIA
Ther are no left over GLs of any variety.

15-17k? Even chevy doesn't do that. So no, not happening. Get msrp and take off 5k if you are lucky. Good luck.

·
Registered
2011 GL350 Bluetec, Irridium over Black Leather
51 Posts
15-17k? Even chevy doesn't do that.
They do, actually. You can pretty easily get that much off a previous-year Escalade.

So no, not happening. Get msrp and take off 5k if you are lucky. Good luck.
I'm soliciting quotes for a 2011 GL350 and I've gotten three offers from local dealers for 10% off MSRP on an ordered car with just an email inquiry. I'm sure there's more to be had when the real haggling starts.

- Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just for grins, I priced out a brand new 2010 Escalade before I purchased a 2011 GL350. Right off the bat without haggling, I received $20k off the sticker.

·
Registered
2011 GL350 Bluetec, Irridium over Black Leather
51 Posts
Just for grins, I priced out a brand new 2010 Escalade before I purchased a 2011 GL350. Right off the bat without haggling, I received $20k off the sticker.
I currently own a 2007 Escalade (that I basically stole in 2008 when gas was $4.50/gallon). You made the right call. :)

- Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
I currently own a 2007 Escalade (that I basically stole in 2008 when gas was $4.50/gallon). You made the right call. :)

- Mark
Thanks! MB must have added more sound insulation on the '11 models because the GL350 seems much quieter on the fwy than our '09 GL450(soon to be history). We've never owned a diesel before and my wife and I finally realized why the GL320/350 owners were so excited about this thing. It rocks!:bowdown:

Regarding the $20k off of the Escalade, I was off by a few grand. I went back and checked, and it was actually $15k off-still really good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update- First I want to thank everyone for the feedback. So far the best I have got is 13k off MSRP. I still think there is room for a lil more. Mercedes comes out with their new incentives 12/1 so I'll wait another week. I have found about 8 leftover 2010 gl 550's. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
Go to edmunds.com and click on inventory
are you looking at new ones or loaners/demo cars?

there is massive difference between 5 and 50 miles..

the responses i've gotten were less than enthusiastic on built to order or even lot vehicles unless the thing was test driven to venezuela and back

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you looking at new ones or loaners/demo cars?

there is massive difference between 5 and 50 miles..

the responses i've gotten were less than enthusiastic on built to order or even lot vehicles unless the thing was test driven to venezuela and back
Only if your dealing with Ferrari's or other exotics. I'm referring to new vehicles. Not demos, but i'd take one of those too if the price was right. It's only a SUV. Mercedes probably loses value faster than any other brand. Proof- 200k 2007 s65 for less than half!

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
Demos can be sold as new.. and not even described as demos. I am asking because they wont give you 70k for 55. If they do, pm me the dealer details as i want one too.

Since you didnt answer the question, i'll assume we arent talking about 1-5 miles on the odo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Demos can be sold as new.. and not even described as demos. I am asking because they wont give you 70k for 55. If they do, pm me the dealer details as i want one too.

Since you didnt answer the question, i'll assume we arent talking about 1-5 miles on the odo.
First its 87k and not 70k. I assumed the milage was zero unless the ad stated otherwise. If it does have excessive miles that's just more room for negotiation. It's a vehicle that's meant to be driven not a garage queen. Hopefully I'll have one nailed down by the weeks end. I will post my final cost, mileage and specs. You could also call a dealer and have them locate one for you. I was told from a dealer on the east coast that 15 are available countrywide excluding Iridium Silver and Black. So, they are out there you just have to do your homework.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update-I missed out on the 2010 with an $87,xxx msrp for $74,xxx. If you lag you lose! Same guy offered me about 10% off an 2011 GL550. This guy is in southern California and about 400 miles away. I got a similar offer from a local dealer that I jumped on. I got 10% off of sticker. Its diamond white/cashemere. Has trailer hitch,rear dvd and illuminated door sills. If anyone interested I recomment them for any mercedes. His name is Jay Lugo of Mercedes Benz of Oakland. He is the internet fleet manager. Tell him Ramell referred you. I just have crappy phone pics but i'll upload them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts