Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is the deal. I have done all of my research for fitting a set of W211 wheels to my W210 4Matic Wagon. Thanks to all of the wonderful stickys I have a great understanding of the difference between W210 and W211 lug bolts. The wheels I am looking at a 16" from a 2004 E320. I decided to stick with the same diameter to make things easier, and I really don't car to go larger just different style. I will also be fitting snow tires to my stock wheels so I can easily interchange them when necessary. The only question I have now is about offset. According to a W210 wheel chart I found on this forum, my specific rim style and size has an offset of ET41. I will verify by pulling one of the wheels later. Does anyone know what the offset is on the particular wheels I am looking at from the 2004 E320? I have attached an image hopefully that helps. Also, when I order the M12 bolts with the M14 Ball, do I need the same exact length as mine or shorter?

5V35O15T03m33pa3odbbfea0d7c59cc2d166a.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a little more research and according to alloywheelsdirect.net my stock wheels are 16x7.5 with an offset of ET41 and the ones I am looking at from te 2004 E320 are 16x8 with an offset of ET36. Seems pretty close but I would certainly like a second opinion. I don't see why these wouldn't work.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't know what you are looking for, but i recently bought a set of four oem e320 wheels for only $80! I got lucky. I called a local discount tire store and they told me they had them for 40 each. then when i got there, he sold them to me for 20 each. If you aren't looking for anything fancy you may try calling some local tire stores. This one had a bunch of used sets they just wanted to get rid of.

·
W210 Moderator
4,962 Posts
there are several ways you can determine the proper length of the bolt

measure the OEM one which is being used on the 211 vehicle

measure the cross section of the wheel from the bottom of the ball seat,
through the lug hole, to the hub face (back of the wheel), then add .75"

there is no correlation between length of your current 210 bolt length to
that of the new rim. why? becase wheel thickness may differ.

based on the wheel width and offset of the rims, this 211 rim should not
present any challenges. you didn't identify the tire size but barring any
bizarre selection, and as long as you keep it rolling distance of the tire
same as your current, OEM tire, your ESP, cruise control, odo/speedo
should be fine (i'd try to keep it < 2%)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just bolted up that same set to my none 4matic 2001 320 today with new Michelin Pilot Exalto 225-55-16. The clearance with the offset and tire size I have will clear just fine, yes you will need the larger lug bolts.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the dimensions of the bolts you went with? Just to be totally sure.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I finally bought the wheels tonight. They look great, no curb rash or damage. Just a few scratches here and there. And the tires on them will last me at least another year. Not bad for $300. I just have to order the lug bolts but I won't even be using the wheels until next spring since I also put 4 Hankook snow tires on my stock rims. My trip over the pass in a freezing rain and snow blizzard was pure entertainment.

When I got home I decided to have a little fun in the woods and test out the new snow tires. Here is a pic!

376475_309959095683478_100000081702990_1276118_129027993_n.jpg

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
And once again I wonder why I took the time to create the wheel thread that is in the stickies. ;)

Congrats on the purchase, I love those wheels on the 210 chassis.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
And once again I wonder why I took the time to create the wheel thread that is in the stickies. ;)

Congrats on the purchase, I love those wheels on the 210 chassis.
Good to see you back again. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts