Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried to fix a bad driver's side window motor, by taking it out and replacing it with a junk yard one. It went fine however I lost 2 pieces in the swap, one was a little gold clip and the other was a gold L shaped bracket. I took it to 2 local mechanics and they both said they don't want to touch it. Should I find a pep boys/ jiffy lube ( cheap mechanic shops) or should I go to the dealer and get the parts and try again? To be honest at this point, after I figured out the window switch is done also, id rather just pay someone to do it and get this monkey off my back. Any advice would be awesome, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1984 190D 2.2
2,458 Posts
If you know how to put in a motor, then I'd reccomend doing it yourself. It would probably be cheaper to buy another motor either from ebay or the junkyard than going to the dealership. The switch can sometimes be fixed just by taking it apart and cleaning it, but if that doesnt do it, it's a cheap part anyway.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Did you lose it inside the door? Get a good magnet pick up tool and see if it catches anything. Or better, go to the yard and get another part, or the missing parts.

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
get it feom the dealer clips arent too expensive.

·
Registered
96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
12,141 Posts
Face it.
If you messed with it, no mechanic is in a hurry to correct others mistakes.
As said, if you know how to do it,,, just do it.
And RUN AWAY from the Stealerships !(if that's who you were considering)

Also those window switches are cheap. Less than $5.oo from the right internet source. And buy 2 or 3, because the others will go bad as well. Good chance that was your initial problem.

aardvark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts