Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<rant>

I needed to replace my ebox fan and a cap behind my headlamp. Went to the nice, new, and conveniently located dealership 5 minutes from my house... ~$180 + tax !!!!!!!!!! Whatever, it could be worse, order the parts.

I'm not done though.

I had a sneaking suspicion that I could get it cheaper. I knew some people buy from MB Ft. Lauderdale online. Went and checked, sure enough the order came to ~$110. (Guess who I bought from.)

Now this is what bothers me. Both dealerships are owned by the same company. Some of the employees at the new dealership were transferred from Ft. Lauderdale. What gives here?

</rant>

·
Registered
BMW 2007 X3 3.0si, 1999 ML 320 -Sold-
356 Posts
Yeah I had the same thing happen to me. Cant remember what the part was, but here in Bethesda, we have one major MB dealer, EuroMotorCars. They also have a location about 15 minutes up north in Germantown. I called and got a quote that was about 40$ cheaper in the Germantown one than the one that is less than 5 minutes from my house. Same Dealership, different locations. Lame.

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
:surrender: boca, like it used to be 'that all real estate is local' yeah we found that out, the same applies to all econ. markets. sorry to say but it sounds as if you live in an 'MB market' ,don't know their schematics, that could be honestly predicated upon your ZIP or your locale. you live a nicer area than others so you can pay a bit more :cool: think I'm wrong? try Kroger, Costco, or any other store. try to find your favorite XXX product in a store 'outside of your normal operating zone':surrender:& can't find it--i.e. that's the reason. wonder why it's cheaper for autohauseaz.com to sell online than others--that's economic impact of scale. you're 'rich' my friend, you have a credit card in your wallet to order from AZ, NY, FL, or anywhere AMEX says you can:D that other dealer doesn't 'big box' think that way:bowdown:

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orief, I think you hit it dead on. The reason they opened this dealership is because it filled the gap between the Palm Beach and Pompano (the two nearest dealers for Boca Raton, a city where like every third car is a Benz). I think they know this is a convenience dealership and are going to charge accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts