Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 E320 w/120k
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i came to my senses and realized there was no way on this earth i was gonna b able to successfully change these plugs without causing some damage. so im going to a shop that specializes in old benzs(an old german guy answered the phone . . . woo hooo), he said its about a 2 1/2 - 3 hr job. i figure it would have taken me about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to realize i made a terrible mistake.

i dont know much, but it seems like a pretty fair time estimate.

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
That seems like a little long to replace the glow plugs. What kind of car are we talking about. It only took my mechanic around 1.5 hours to change them and my other mechanic at home said that it should only take around 2 hours. Oh yeah, in this instance, I am referring to my 300sd.

·
Registered
01 E320 w/120k
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he only charged me 1.5 hrs. a very decent guy. he bullshitted w/me for a while afterwards telling me how to keep the old diesel happy. there was one hell of a sweet 91 420 sel out front, i think im in love [:)]

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,103 Posts
Old Otto - 3/14/2005 9:08 PM

i came to my senses and realized there was no way on this earth i was gonna b able to successfully change these plugs without causing some damage. so im going to a shop that specializes in old benzs(an old german guy answered the phone . . . woo hooo), he said its about a 2 1/2 - 3 hr job. i figure it would have taken me about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to realize i made a terrible mistake.

i dont know much, but it seems like a pretty fair time estimate.
can you share with us the shop's name and location? my parents live in NYC and have a benz to look after... thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts