Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Glow plug light

809 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  300Dman 
#1 ·
My glow plug light is not coming on,

weird thing is 2 months ago I put all new glow plugs in. what is the chance some went bad already? is there any chance I just need a jump start and battery is dead?

#4 ·
Odd, So I drove the car on the highway after getting it jumpstarted, this morning wont start, I am guessing I should check to see if battery is charging, both glow plugs and battery are less then 2 months old. anything else it could be? if in fact the alternator is working.

#5 ·
If you live in the US Harbor Freight stores sell inexpensive Digital Volt/Ohm Meters (Multimeter). Not having one limits the info you need to decide if you are not charging or have an other issue.

If you did not use Bosch or Beru Glow Plugs other makes have been known to fail within several months.

Not reaming (Tool, Glow Plug Reamer) or otherwise cleaning the Carbon out of the Glow Plug Holes also shortens the life of the Glow Plugs.

If Injector spray patterns are not good an spray towards the Glow Plugs that will also shorten the life of Glow Plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.