Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a diesel newbie I think I’m getting a fuel leak not from the injectors I think it’s from the 5 and 6 glow plugs. Number 4 is dry. I don’t see where else it could come from back there.Are those common to leak? I’ll be checking it out better this weekend. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
933 Posts
never heard before... is glow plug light working as it should?

Only thing that could cause 'black death' under plugs is that someone changed plugs but didn't tight them properly. Are you 100% sure its fuel and fuel only, and its not dripping from injector or pipe connectors? Fuel not dripping from above (injector footwell)?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sprayed degreaser on that area and pressure washed it all off. Hopefully I can spot a leak.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t figured out the leak yet. I washed off all of what I think is fuel. Didn’t leak nothing only after I drove for a while . Couldn’t tell with all that crap in the way. That plastic harness thing next to the turbo pipe is there only like wires in there?
34FC7D7B-33D1-42EA-AFBE-96E62BFEB913.jpeg
34FC7D7B-33D1-42EA-AFBE-96E62BFEB913.jpeg
F5B0D149-92EA-452E-A146-3EDFD3BF0DEB.jpeg

·
Registered
35,655 Posts
Stuff some paper towels in the area and recheck them frequently.
It does look more like fuel on the picture, but fuel leak will always wash some dirt on the engine, so hard to tell.
Could be also coolant leak. Do you check the level?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coolant levels good . I had wedged a piece of cardboard where I suspected. Between that turbo outlet pipe .A little more patience and I’ll find it. Hopefully it’s not hard to fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
Blazed
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing