Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 S350, 06 E320CDI
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a pin into the hole in the glovebox lock, but can't get it to release. I have it turned about 45 degrees to the right and I feel where the pin goes down into the hole, but when I push it in, the key just won't pull out. I have done 126 ignition locks and understand how these come out, but I just can't seem to get this to release.

Anyone else ever have that problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Its at 45 degrees i finally used a thin allen wrench while moving it around to get leverage, dont pull the key while tumbler is out all the pins will fall out, use the key to pull out.

·
Registered
94 S350, 06 E320CDI
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to get it out and then looked at the mechanism after I had it out. What happens is that the pin you put in and push really does not release the mechanism. The mechanism is actually released by inserting the pin and applying pressure twoards the outside edge by pushing in and away from the hole center at the same time. That would be between the 4 and 5 on a clock dial (basically where you are pushing in the pin) while taking the part of the pin you are holding and moving it towards the center of the hole so that you can apply pressure at an angle at the 4-5 position towards the outside. That is actually what releases the little lever on the inside.

Also, the key tends to move out of the lock as you pull it out. As soon as you move it out enough, stop, grab the cylinder and push the key in all the way again before pulling the cylinder all the way out.

Knowing how to do it now, the cylinder comes out in literally 5 seconds. It took me hours to figure it out.

I'm not very bright!

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I had similar problems when replacing the "bin", the instructions show it as a simple proceedure, but!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts