Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to access the unit which allows fresh or recirculated air into the cockpit of my 99 SLK 230. The unit seems to be stuck in the recirculate position so when it is really cold outside the insides of the windows fog up from breath and I do not wish to stop breathing. I took down the panel which hides the HVAC filter and it is now clear that the glove box must also come down. My problem is that it looks like the right side of the dash, which contains a vent, is also part of the glove box surround and I am not sure how much of the dash I need to remove to gain access the fresh/recirculate air assembly which is directly forward of the glove box surround. Anyone done this? All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Did you look up in the stickys area? we have some info up there that might help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not see anything in Stickys. Parts locator in SLK World shows area clearly "with glove box removed for clarity". I need some clarity.

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
I haven’t done it, but per alldatadiy.com, you remove the vent, panel below the dash, the cover in back of the open glove box, then lots of screws. Looks like the box and right side of the dash come out as a unit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all who forwarded info on slk32.com. I looked at the site and it looks pretty easy to do. However, I am working under the heroic assumption that the glove box in a 230 is mounted the same way as in a 32. Any thoughts on this assumption?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thanks to all who forwarded info on slk32.com. I looked at the site and it looks pretty easy to do. However, I am working under the heroic assumption that the glove box in a 230 is mounted the same way as in a 32. Any thoughts on this assumption?
I too out the glovebox in a 1998 SLK230 using this guide, and it was fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys, I need to do the same- I.e remove glove boxe as I am trying to find out where the control module for my anti theft alarm system is located.

Both links above - slk32 and glove box removal are dead now.
Could someone please give me some info or guidance or working link.
Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts