Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a Globe out signal when I turn on the lights. The only one I can see thats not working is in the top of the glove box. I cant see how to remove it without damage.

Any one help on light or signal on dash?

Cheers cobbers

Bazzle

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
"globe out signal"??? i dont think interior lights go through the bulb out sensor circuitry.. check your brake lights for warping/melting. or your marker lights..

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
I don't see how the glove box bulb comes out either. If you ever figure it out let us know. Maybe someone with the factory repair manual can check into how to do it.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
The whole unit just snaps out and in. Grasp the edge of it from the top/front right side and pull down.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
The electronics sense current (or lack of it) when the lamps are on. This means that if the offending lamp is not turned on, the fault indicator will not light. Conversely, the fault indicator will light once the offending lamp is attempted to be turned on. You may be able to narrow down your search by taking note of when the fault indicator illuminates. For example, if a brake lamp is at fault, the indicator will not turn on until the brake pedal is pressed.

If the indicator comes on immediately after you turn on the lights, then the faulty lamp is not a brake lamp, glove box lamp, etc. Do you have high beams on? Turn them off to eliminate them. Does the indicator light when you turn on only the parking lamps? If not, you can eliminate them. Etc.

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
Must be frustrating!

My ’99 has 8 lamps that light when activating the parking lights: two rear tail, two rear license, two side front, two front (integrated with the headlight assembly). I can illuminate all by rotating the lighting switch clockwise. I can illuminate only the left side or right side by rotating the switch counterclockwise one or two clicks. Can you further isolate by rotating counterclockwise?

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
slk230 sport
48 Posts
I hope this helps, since I went through the same thing( flashing side marker). I found a bulb in the ashtray that I didn't know was there untill I was searching for a burntout bulb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts