I did a lot of research and really can not decide.
so my GLK350 has Pirelli tires with size of 235/45R20 100 H with alloy rims of 8.0J x 20 H2 (wheel offset: 1.77 in (45mm))
GLK350 manual says for Winter tire I should choose 235/60R17 102H with alloy rim of 7.5 J x 17 H2 (wheel offset: 1.87 in (47.5mm))
so here are my questions
1- I do have Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 from my previous SUV, the size is 235/65R17 108R, can i just simply use it on this GLK350 ?
2- If I need to buy new set of winter tires, which brand and model I should go for, I test Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 in the past and the grip is amazing on the snow and ice, the can bounce a little bit tho when I was passing potholes, this tires are discontinued. here are my options [I have to say that MB dealership suggesting Pirelli ICE+SNOW]
- Pirelli Scorpion Winter , people are complaining alot about the grip
Pirelli Scorpion Winter Tire Reviews (12 Reviews)
- Pirelli Scorpion ICE + Snow , again lots of complain about the grip on the snow
Pirelli Scorpion Ice - Snow Tire Reviews (61 Reviews)
- Bridgestone WS-80 , seems very good traction and grip on SNOW and ICE, whoever used it absolutly loved it, but isnt it for passenger cars and not for SUV type of car ?
- Bridgestone DM-V2 , I guess that is the replacement of DM-V1
- Michelline X-ICE XI-2
- Toyo Winter tires
- Continental winter tires ?
- Living in Canada, which replica rim brand is good and not vibrating ? any brand name with good warranty ?
there are many complains online re vibration on 100 - 120km/s on replica rims.
- does it really make difference if I go 8 instead of 7.5
- seems I should get new set of bolts and maybe spacer as none of replica rims are perfectly fit.