Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a demo GLK350 on the lot with 3,500 miles on it, salesman says it was the GMs car for a while and was the first one they had delivered back in dec/jan. Has premium, multimedia, sport packages, aluminum running boards with rub and heated front seats.

What are your thoughts on demo cars and in this market how much room do you think he has to move on the price? MSRP is $45,645

Thanks,
hope to be first time Mercedes buyer

·
Registered
2010 GLK350
8 Posts
What are your thoughts on demo cars and in this market how much room do you think he has to move on the price? MSRP is $45,645
Be sure to get it at or below invoice!

I just paid $74 below invoice & mine had 92 miles on it. U should do better!
MSRP on mine was $49,175 and I paid $46000. Good luck!

·
Registered
GLK 350; Wht; Blk MBTex; Prem1;App;Light;MMedia...
55 Posts
found a demo GLK350 on the lot with 3,500 miles on it, salesman says it was the GMs car for a while and was the first one they had delivered back in dec/jan. Has premium, multimedia, sport packages, aluminum running boards with rub and heated front seats.

Thanks,
hope to be first time Mercedes buyer
May depend on whether they have any new GLK's available or on the way. If yes then he has to come off some or else you would buy new. If not then they may hold out for a price nearer new.

I suppose it depends how bad you want it and how bad they think you want it! Times are tough so you would hope the buyer has an upper hand :)

Maybe you can get the Certified Pre-Owned tag (extended warranty) as part of a deal :thumbsup:

Good luck - it is a great vehicle if it fits your needs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Be sure to get it at or below invoice!

I just paid $74 below invoice & mine had 92 miles on it. U should do better!
MSRP on mine was $49,175 and I paid $46000. Good luck!
Is that the invoice they showed you?...or the invoice figures from a online website?
Thanks

·
Registered
2010 GLK350
8 Posts
Is that the invoice they showed you?...or the invoice figures from a online website?
Thanks
Edmunds.com

Correction: my MSRP is $49475
Invoice: $46074...I paid $46000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to add that the salesman told me $40,243 was his net/net right off the bat since he said this would be the car he could really make a deal on. He never pushed this demo on me...the wife saw the white on the backlot and asked him about it.

So, if he is telling me 40k without getting my name... I think there should be a lot of room here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I forgot to add that the salesman told me $40,243 was his net/net right off the bat since he said this would be the car he could really make a deal on. He never pushed this demo on me...the wife saw the white on the backlot and asked him about it.

So, if he is telling me 40k without getting my name... I think there should be a lot of room here.
If you have the list of options, you can actually calculate his invoice (or very close to it)...

The dealer has about 2-3% of holdback on the base price that they typically won't negotiate on...so even if he sold you a car at invoice, he is still making money.

But since this particular unit has approx 3K miles on it, he has to go into his holdback to cover the excess mileage or he has to 'certify' the car to extend the warranty to make it worth your while.

Bottom line is are you willing to buy a car with 3K miles on it, not knowing how many have driven it and how it was driven during the initial break-in period...and if the maybe 1K savings or the added warranty extension (if he is willing to do it) is enough to cover that 'uncertainess'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts