Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
More pics...for the GL450 changed the wheels to the 21 AMG (genuine)...changed the roof rail to chrome....changed the window sills to chrome....added the chrome rear bumper plate....havent added the fender flares yet...
For the c added the 19 CL amg wheels...these are replicas...however not a single complaint...

For both cars i expected the ride to suffer....the gl run 100% better than the 19 scorpions and much quieter....the c is smoother and slight more road noise but not much at all...extremely pleased

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 S430
7 Posts
More pics...for the GL450 changed the wheels to the 21 AMG (genuine)...changed the roof rail to chrome....changed the window sills to chrome....added the chrome rear bumper plate....havent added the fender flares yet...
For the c added the 19 CL amg wheels...these are replicas...however not a single complaint...

For both cars i expected the ride to suffer....the gl run 100% better than the 19 scorpions and much quieter....the c is smoother and slight more road noise but not much at all...extremely pleased
Can you tell me where you're getting the chrome windows sill at? They look very nice. Would like to do the same.

Thanks,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MERCEDESBENZGENUINEPARTS.COM
1646907380 Front Trim R
1646907480 Front Trim L
1646907080 Middle Window R
1646906980 Middle Window L
1646903280 Quarter Panel R
1646903180 Quarter Panel L

Make sure there isnt a backorder on the middle window sections...i had to wait an extra two weeks for the parts...this place is also cheaper than the dealer....and the parts come off easy...just pry from one end with a wrapped flat head screwdriver and dont pivot off the panels...they pull right out simple....wait til have new parts and look at each piece before removing...not all pieces attach identical....took me about 15 minutes to change all...good luck

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz GL450, 2007 BMW M6 convertible, 2005 BMW 525i, 2003 BMW Z4
13 Posts
I love the wheels but I'm not a big fan of alot of chrome on a black GL... but overall nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
21" AMG wheels

Can anyone tell me where I can find 21" AMG Rims. I'd be installing those on GL, but can't find this size anywhere onlie?

Any help?

Thanks

·
Registered
cls 500 - gl 450
1 Posts

Where do you get the fender flares? I have a GL450, and would like to get the fender flares if they are mercedes parts. My local MB dealership's parts dept can't seem to find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
leemirth,
Have you installed the fender flares yet. I am really interested in adding them to my 450 but the dealer indicated that is would run about 5k without paint. Any info you have would be great
thanks

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I can find 21" AMG Rims. I'd be installing those on GL, but can't find this size anywhere onlie?

Any help?

Thanks
You get them from a Mercedes dealer. Some have online presence.

·
Registered
2009 Mercedes GL320 Bluetec
3 Posts
GL Rims for GL320

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can get AMG rims that are on the GL550 for my GL320?

Please advise, thanks all in advance.

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts