Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took our 2007 GL450 with 62k miles in for service D. I hadn't seen a check engine light on, but the advisor is saying a check engine light is indicating a "rod" code. Or that basically it needs an "engine kit" which is a full tear down and rebuild of the engine with 27 hours of labor. The vehicle has been running fine with no noise, loss of power etc. I told him to do the brake pads and oil/filter and that was it. I think I'll take it down to local indy mechanic who used to work at the dealer and see what he says. Anyone out there with similar issue/code etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GL450 engine code update

The tech was finally able to explain what the service advisor was not: the code seems to be thrown by the idler pulley - suggesting worn teeth to the tech which might cause the timing chain to slip at some point. He said it wasn't an emergency at present. The repair is to replace pulley and chain etc. Anyone have a similar issue - tech had only seen it once. Thanks - Dave.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has 67k and have not experienced this. However, I had two of
Don't air springs fail, power steering leak and an issue with the brake light not going out after brakes were replaced. Oh also the black window trim is peeling. What a pile is all I have to say

1 - 3 of 3 Posts