Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, I have only experienced this happening once last weekend. Drove the car to an event and parked in a parking lot. After about 3 hours, got in the car to drive home. As I was pulling out of the parking spot, I can feel the rear brake being applied. Pulled forward just enough to get out of the parking spot, stopped and got out to look and doesn't see anything out of the ordinary. Applied the parking brake and release it several times (which I did not used at all) but as I drive forward, the rear brake was intermittently applying itself. Drove for about 100 ft and pulled over to stop at the curb and check the parking brake again (pressing and releasing). Put it back into drive and started driving and the problem seems to have gone away. It has not re-occurred since (day 3).

The only other times I have experience something close to this (not exactly the same) was when the right front speed sensor went bad on me. When it happened (all four brakes applied and actually prevent the car from moving if I applied the gas, but can roll), the traction control light and the ABS light both came ON and stay ON until I restarted the car. Went this happened last weekend, there was no light ON on the dashboard (I specifically looked for them). When I got home, I checked the brake fluid and it was full. Be driving the car for 3 days now and have not experienced this again/so far.

I want to take the car on a road trip this weekend (~700 miles). Anything I should check or should I be worry. Any idea?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took the car into MB dealership service department for adaptation after replacing the downstream Nox sensor unit (see other thread). Told the tech about this incident and he said that because everything is all electronics, sometime weird stuff just happen. He said not to worry about it unless it continue to happen. He said it is almost impossible to diagnose if the problem is not continuously happening. He said they did looked over the entire car while it was there for re-programming and did not see anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
2008 GL 320, 2012 BMW X1, 1995 Volvo 855T, 2008 Outback
307 Posts
The parking brake is mechanical on my 2008. It is possible that a brake shoe delaminated and fell onto the drum. The only quick test is to jack the rear up and try turning the wheel backwards, listening for bad sounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts