Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
GL320 CDI - 2008, '04 Touareg V10 TDI, '85 Unimog U1700, '83 Mitsubishi 4WD turbodiesel PU
525 Posts
Let us know if everything fits and works properly when you get them on. ie It will be interesting to know if the TPM sensors from a ML work on the '09-'10 GL.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I wanted a Winter set and a All Season Performance Set. The OEm tires I have will need to replaced next fall aswell. But having True Winter tires for the harsh winters here is want I wanted.

I have the Same setup for my Porsche Panamera Twin Turbo. 2 sets one for winter and one performance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Because I wanted a Winter set and a All Season Performance Set. The OEm tires I have will need to replaced next fall aswell. But having True Winter tires for the harsh winters here is want I wanted.

I have the Same setup for my Porsche Panamera Twin Turbo. 2 sets one for winter and one performance.
You could have just as easily just bought tires and taken them to the tireshop to get the tires swapped on the rims the same day and used 2 different sets of tires on the same rims. It actually would be easier than hauling a whole nother set of tires+rims to get exhcanged out when the seasons change and you would have save $1000 by not having to buy a 2nd set of rims that are the same size, but thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No need to haul anything as the deal stores the tires. This is the way I perfer to do it. Much easier to have 2 sets. It would cost $150 every time to put on tires and rebalance. Also, chance of damage to rims is increased. I know allot of my friends do it the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts