Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1982 230GE
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since posting the items for sale I've gotten many inquiries from people about where they could get the stuff I made, how to make it, specs on it, etc. I really didn't want to give that information away after spending so much time and money to develop it but decided that I would sell the information to people who wanted it if they kept it secret. This really didn't feel right either, and so I decided on a different idea.

I doubt anyone will try to do what I did, and it seems a shame for the information to just end with me. So I've jotted down everything I could think of from the Gelaendekraft R&D and placed it in an online report. You now have all the information that you need to obtain these items. In return, I'm asking that if you DO use this information you might consider a small donation in exchange. It's voluntary and the information is public, so you could consider it like shareware. If it helps you, give as you feel is appropriate.
http://www.wehenrys.com/gk

I also want to just get rid of this other stuff.

Hub centric centers for adapter/spacer - $50/24 pieces (6 sets)

50+ shock adapters w/ misc hardware - $25

Stud kit - $50

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Gollygwagen - 4/14/2005 2:03 PM

I doubt anyone will try to do what I did, and it seems a shame for the information to just end with me. So I've jotted down everything I could think of from the Gelaendekraft R&D and placed it in an online report. You now have all the information that you need to obtain these items.
That's very noble of you. People are always trying to find a way to leave their mark on this earth. Although they might pass away or find a new line of work, their memory lives on (and they are recognized) through the useful knowledge they left behind for others.

In doing so, others don't have to endure the difficulties that the person went through to gain that knowledge. Instead they can use their energies to focus and build upon what is already there.

I know what I said above goes without saying, but considering what choices you (Chuck) had and what you decided to do, well, I think that's very admirable. In short, good luck to you in whatever you now decide to pursue. [:)]

·
Registered
1984 280GE Cabrio
255 Posts
Chuck
I sent you the 25.00 dollars as a R&D donation and I cannot express how much I appreciate the info![:D]
Thank you again

·
Registered
1982 230GE
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, go on! You're making me blush!

I just want to keep everything straight forward and open for the community. I really don't expect that anyone will feel a strong urge to give, but two people have already surprised me!!

I feel good with the decision to give what I learned to the community. It's not like it's a cure for the plauge or something, but I'm glad the information is there and people no longer have to feel like they have no options since I left.

·
Registered
1982 230GE
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I honestly don't know that one. Maybe someone running them could count for you. Brent?

Thanks for the support from everyone, make the decision a little easier. I've got a million stickers from GK if anyone wanted one. You could certainly still say you are running a GK product! [8D]

·
Registered
1996 G300TD
384 Posts
Here are some pictures: rear is 3" lift. Fronts are the softer 135/" (?) that I needed to cut to get the lift reasonable (estimate: 3").

Attachments

·
BenzWorld G Class Host
2002 800RMK
1,518 Posts
My front ones are 12 turns, just like pictured above, and the rears are 6 turns. Those are the ones on my red 280 swb.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
JW are you running chucks springs? if so what size tire are you running. I think you have posted this all already.

Chuck, i for one am glad some one stepped up and made parts. I just wish you where closer and more people wanted to buy them from you. Thanks for shipping the studs out to me, i got them the other day...

Oh and congrats to both of you on the new one [:D]

·
Registered
1996 G300TD
384 Posts
I am running GK springs and the long Doetsch schocks. Had to cut 1.5 windings to get to the right length in front. Still have some rubbing to the central bump stop at one side.

Ride is much more comfortable than before and much better clearance and flex off-road.

Currently running 285/75/16 Yoko MT off road (about 33"). For long distance I have 265/70/16 Bridgestone's. The 33" is taking too much power away due to the higher radius. I am planning on 275/70/16 for the next set of road tires.

Longer term I want to correct the radius arm mounts in front to bring the caster angle back to stock spec. I also will probably at some point change the diff gearing to be able to run 33" all year round.

·
Registered
1996 G300TD
384 Posts
RE: 265/70/16

Hi Alan,

Just saw this post just now.

It is a 1.5 MW windmill. NL is a country of ditches and windmills. We are working on growing tulips this large.

JW

Attachments

·
Registered
1981 280 GE
17 Posts
G-zilla has a new owner. I just wanted everyone to know that chuck gwagen now has a new home in seattle washigton. G zilla will now shares a garage with a 1981 280ge convt 2dr. i have to say that i enjoy the power of the v8 more and give credit to chuck henry for building a great vehicle. I intend to off road and keep it in the g wagen community.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts