Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1982 230GE
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still have some misc stuff in my garage and wanted to get rid of them.

(2) ARB Bumper adapters. Remove bumper, bolt these to truck, bolt ARB to to new mounts. Requires drilling a hole in each ARB mounting tab but is otherwise bolt on. Fits all models, but does not work with G500 tranny cooler unless you come up with a way to relocate it. I don't know how it would effect airbag performance. $100/ea

A bunch or aluminum adapters that were made for the Doestech shocks but will work with any rear shock that has a EB2 bushing. It works as a spacer to fit in the large opening and also as the sleeve to work with the stock bolt. Slick part, $20/4 pieces which is what you need for the two lower rear shock mounts. I'll sell the whole box of them for $100.

(1) stock steel 460 wheel. 16" x 5.5" if I remember right.

I think that's all that's left floating around. Rock Ware has my jigs for the rear bumper and sliders so call them if you want something.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in something listed above. I won't be checking back here.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1982 230GE
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to give a price on the wheel. $25

I also have a box of adapters I made to make the standard "cheap" adapter/spacer hubcentric. I had the adapters made to go from the Gwagen bolts to a standard Jeep/Ford 5x5.5 stud pattern. I also had adapters made that just spaced the wheel out and converted to studs in the Gwagen pattern. These were used to move the small steel wheels out or run the Sprinter wheels.

The adapters themselves were inexpensive enough (like $60-$75/ea) but they were not hub-centric. The standard aluminum adapter center is like 3.5" if I remember right. These slide inside a 1.5" thick adapter and have an inner lip to center on the Gwagen hub and an outter lip to center your wheel. Even the guys at the shop were pretty impressed with this piece, but it was pretty spendy. My loss is your gain. The centers ONLY are $40/set of 4. I have six sets.

I also found 4 wheel guides. If you don't remember these, they make change a tire a piece of cake. You just remove the top bolt, and hand screw this into place. It allows the wheel to slide off nicely and under control. To put the tire back on, just line up the hole and slide it on. The guide keeps everything aligned and holds the tire up like a 3rd hand. $10/ea

I'm also including a picture of the shock bushing adapters so people can visualize them better. I've sold several of the sets but still have several left. I came accross a bag of washers and a box of nylock nuts that I was providing with the shock kit and I'll throw in 2 nuts and 4 washers so that when you replace your rear shocks you'll have nice new hardware. The nuts can be hard to source.

Thanks for the responce so far. I guess it's a last chance to get any of these items.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 300GD 83 300TD
978 Posts
I have one of the GK wheel guides and it is a tool that should have come with the truck. I use it every time I remove and replace a wheel and they are very handy when you are working on brake rotors or drums. They are very right. Every G owner should have one but it looks like only 4 more will be able to. He is giving them away at $10.

-Dai

·
Registered
1982 230GE
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dia. Only one left!

I found one more gem at the bottom of the box, a stud conversion set. This is 20 screw in studs that convert your truck from using the lug bolts to using lug studs like most domestic autos. I'll include the proper hex wrench to drive them with, but you'll need to supply your own lug nuts and loctite to make sure they don't back out. I have 13 crome plated lug nuts I will throw in as well, so you just need to find 7 more. $100

This is a SHORT set and will work with steel wheels and I as I remember the early alloy wheels. These are not long enough to work on a G500 which has a deep flange.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 230GE
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to answer a question someone asked, what exactly to those shock adapters gain me? My reply:

The EB2 is a pretty standard sized shock bushing, so it will allow you to look at non-standard shock applications. The sleeves that ship with a EB2 will not allow you to use your stock bolt as they are too small. You can run without a sleeve at all, but it's a sloppy fit making the shocks less effective and the bushings won't last as long. You would also need to reuse the loose spacers which are a major pain to line up. This gives you a proper diameter sleeve and the spacers are integrated so they are self retained. I'm also including 4 Zink coated washers and 2 correct sized nylock nuts... just because I had them laying around.

Let's knock the price down to $10.

I just want to get them out of here and it would feel better to send them where they might be used rather than throw them away. For $50 I'll sell you all I have left, over 50 of them, so less than $1/ea.

·
Registered
1987 280 GD TURBO
132 Posts
Hello Golly
Wouid be interested in stud kit and wheel adapters
If you will call Warren at 450 227 8972 and
give me your phone number i will return call
to discuss what i need.
Thank you Warren.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts