Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '83 300TD wagon with sunroof and rear facing third row seats. It's white with navy blue leather interior. The front seats have been rebuilt (10 years ago) and the car was originally a Texas car so there is no rust. I was running a lunch hour errand a couple of weeks ago and an oil line broke which drained the engine oil and it ran dry for a few seconds. I replaced the oil line and it started right up but the motor is hurt bad.

If I get an offer to purchase a working motor, I may restore the car and keep it. Otherwise, I am parting out the car. Price for parts will be 40% of new and customer pays actual shipping plus $5.00 handling charge.

Let me know,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you still have it? PM if you do. Sounds like a nice rig. Any details on condition, suspension, interior, options that work or don't like a/c or locks ect. And the majic question, how much complete?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you still have it? PM if you do. Sounds like a nice rig. Any details on condition, suspension, interior, options that work or don't like a/c or locks ect. And the majic question, how much complete?
The front right fender is wrinkled a bit, The A/C needs to be charged but is in working condition. All else is working except the tachometer and the automatic antenna. As I said, the front seats were rebuilt by an automotive upholster about 10 years back. I just put both external oil lines on, replaced a vacuum module behind the glove box that controls foot well heating. I just purchased new tires but have not installed them and have an extra set of wheels. The trans is good though rough shifting. I am entertaining offers for parts of the car. I am also considering purchasing a rebuilt motor and swapping it out. If an offer for the complete car is attractive enough, I might consider it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have an 83' turbo motor with tranny. I doubt your trannys bad, probably a vacuum leak from the main line when oil line blew and replaced or other service. My motor, It's from a really good running but terminally rusted car. I currently drive an 84', and keep the 83' for parts. I'd love a wagon to add to the stable but the wife may freak out a bit if I keep 2 of them. If you want the motor, I figure $500+ shipping. I can get a pallet and strapping from work for nothing, so I couldn't ask you for money for that. I haven't taken anything from the motor itself. I did plan on using the accesories, as I have a guy that rebuilds them for me. Oh, I can "shrinkwrap" the whole thing That ought to get it to you in one piece if your interested. Or I'd buy the car, but I couldn't give much and my wife would kill me, so I guess thats it. PM for details or email. Don't let'r die like that;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be interested in the motor offer. I need the long block with the turbo. Where are you located? I may be able to come pick it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts