Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumped in the car to drive home. Turned on the lights and got a "defective lamp" warning. I didn't notice anything. When I got home I walked around the car so many times I looked like a drunken Mick doing the stations of the cross!!(if yer a Mick, you'll know what I'm talking about). There ain't no burned out bulb. After the words "defective lamp" there are two boxes like this □ □, but they are superimposed on one another and pointing to the front passenger side. What up?

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
ThrillKill - 4/25/2005 11:29 PM

Jumped in the car to drive home. Turned on the lights and got a "defective lamp" warning. I didn't notice anything. When I got home I walked around the car so many times I looked like a drunken Mick doing the stations of the cross!!(if yer a Mick, you'll know what I'm talking about). There ain't no burned out bulb. After the words "defective lamp" there are two boxes like this □ □, but they are superimposed on one another and pointing to the front passenger side. What up?
lol, man, I've been there so many times. Not sure what the square things are, but did you check the license plate bulbs or the brake lights? Commonly overlooked. You need two people or a heavy weight on the brake to check the brake bulbs.

·
Registered
CLK430
261 Posts
[:D] LOL, I never got any boxes, but mine would do that after I would pressure wash it. I just shut the car off and restarted it and it goes away. Might be a ghost.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DanStubbs - 4/26/2005 10:19 AM

[:D] LOL, I never got any boxes, but mine would do that after I would pressure wash it. I just shut the car off and restarted it and it goes away. Might be a ghost.
Sure as shit. When I got in the car today there was an old dude in the back seat telling me" I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddlesome kids!!" Don't know what he was talking about but the warning stopped.....brrrrrrr creepy!

·
Registered
CLK 320 Coupe
35 Posts
ThrillKill - 4/27/2005 6:34 PM

DanStubbs - 4/26/2005 10:19 AM

Sure as shit. When I got in the car today there was an old dude in the back seat telling me" I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddlesome kids!!" Don't know what he was talking about but the warning stopped.....brrrrrrr creepy!
L[:D]L!!!

I had the same warning (without squares) last year, one of the license plate lights were burned (didn't noticed myself, the dealer found it).
In order to check the brake lights, I put the rear in front of a shop-window and pushed the brake pedal while staring at the rearview mirror! [:eek:)]

PS. Ghost In The Machine is one of my favourite Police's album... [;)]

·
Registered
CLK 320
51 Posts
[?] Mine did the same thing for about 2 weeks. Head Lamp Malfuntion!! or some crap on the screen. Then it just went away.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
mine was going off intermittently for months. finally i fount that one of my city lights didn't turn on. i finally had a place to start. the ground was bad. make sure you double check all the connections, unplug and plug all your bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts