Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up in the early hours of this morning (0245hrs) to find someone playing rather loud music ! - turned out to be my car !!! Somehow the radio had decided to switch itself on and sit happily playing dance tunes until I went out and turned it off !????
Battery is fully charged car in fine fettle etc etc.... any ideas???

·
Registered
888 Posts
Could keep "perps" away. Just be sure to lower your volume before leaving the Merc.

I started mine on Sat and the oil press & speedo "flicked" in intervals of 3 sec, 4x in total. Bizarro.:eek:

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Woke up in the early hours of this morning (0245hrs) to find someone playing rather loud music ! - turned out to be my car !!! Somehow the radio had decided to switch itself on and sit happily playing dance tunes until I went out and turned it off !????
Everything begins with an "E"

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Could keep "perps" away. Just be sure to lower your volume before leaving the Merc.

I started mine on Sat and the oil press & speedo "flicked" in intervals of 3 sec, 4x in total. Bizarro.:eek:
That sounds like the capicators burning out in your cluster.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well no reoccurance of the mysterious radio fault 1 and yep - they're my German Shepherds. No burglars in my house :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
LOL, The Shepherds look really nice, i have a 11 month old female GS Black/Tan. Love those dogs. Btw, yeah, the GS's were probably listening to the radio :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does your mother-in-low have access to the car?

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Here`s something strange - the left side of my two temperature display backlights goes out - and also does the right side set of 'wheel' controllers (just below the aircon that control the dashboard inlets) backlights as well.

If you softly slap on the left side of the console (where the temp unit is mounted) they will pop back on. It *must* be a soft slap - not a hard knock - I mean a really light tap - like a nurse trying to raise a vein (haha) otherwise they won't come on. I've been thinking about pulling them apart to see how they work and find the culprit loose wiring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts