Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a minimal but annoying problem with my 560 sl. Theres a little silver disc that should sit in the center of the speedometer, but it has fallen off and is rolling around inside, usually somewhere around the fuel economy needle. Is there a simple way to get access to the front of the speedometer so I could get this back where it belongs, or does this involve removing the whole dashboard? Anyone dealt with this problem?

·
Premium Member
22,841 Posts
It cannot be done from the front, but is a fairly straightforward DIY. The oval shaped instrument cluster will pull out from the dash once the steering wheel is removed. Run a few searches, the topic has been discussed in detail on several occasions.

·
Registered
1995 325IC and 1986 560SL
250 Posts
It cannot be done from the front, but is a fairly straightforward DIY. The oval shaped instrument cluster will pull out from the dash once the steering wheel is removed. Run a few searches, the topic has been discussed in detail on several occasions.
I agree with Dave.Last week, I just removed my cluster out to clean and replace all light bulbs and I had the same problem one of the needle fall off. i just use the clear silicon to stick back in.

·
Registered
1988 SL560, 1989 560 SEL
516 Posts
Just pulled mine for odometer repair. You really need an impact wrench to pull steering wheel. disconnect batory ( air bag ) shaft not tapered so wheel comes off easy. cluster then just slides out, held in by friction

1 - 4 of 4 Posts