Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96' SL320, 95' E320 (gone), 66' Ford Falcon
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get the engine cover powdercoated (cause' it looks like hell) but was wondering what I should get it painted, I was thinking about something like this

any other suggestions? I know that some of the engines have a red AMG color on them or something...any ideas or suggestions would be great...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats a great color combination, would you know if its spray painted or powder coated, looks real cool. Im also thinking of repainting my engine but im thinking more on putting the original/similar color via high temp canister paints only, but your idea of powdercoating it gets me thinking now, i just need to extend my downtime on the car which is actually a daily driver to me.

·
Registered
676 Posts
omg... that looks really good... i wish my engine was out like that... i'd do a new head gasket, piston seals, bearings all around, valve guides, and maybe even high performance pistons :)... ahhhh i can only dream :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so everyone thinks I should go with this combination of colors?...I was thinking if I get these colors then the brake calipers would look good that color also, in case some of you want to know how my car looks to properly match colors here's a pic

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
That looks good, I'm guessing it add's some horsepower.. j/k.

I would also paint the spart plug cover black to match it up with the suppressor cover, and the orange part paint it to match the color of your car's exterior...

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
13,096 Posts
I just pulled the cam cover off my M104 (1st gen) last night to have it stripped and ceramic coated. Once I get it back, I'll post pics. It was looking pretty sad after 18 yrs. of stained silver and a few blister.

Jayare

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks good, I'm guessing it add's some horsepower.. j/k.
yeah, lol, what's that in your avi? Some headlights and a body kit? Did that add horsepower too? lol, j/k, but no, it's just that it looks ugly as sin right now and while it's out I wanted to give it a nice touch up...

Jayare, let me see how yours looks so I can think of how to do mine...

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
yeah, lol, what's that in your avi? Some headlights and a body kit? Did that add horsepower too? lol, j/k, but no, it's just that it looks ugly as sin right now and while it's out I wanted to give it a nice touch up...

Jayare, let me see how yours looks so I can think of how to do mine...

Well I dont know about you but I was joking. I think it's a very nice cosmetic upgrade, especially the orange on black.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I was just joking, I think it's going to look great, really wake up the engine compartment

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
13,096 Posts
Up date on the cam cover ceramic coating. The fellow that was going to do the coating became concerned when we discovered the cover was made of some sort of dark mystery metal. To ceramic coat, he has to heat the metal to 750 degrees. Rather than take the chance of something melting, it is being stripped and will be powder coated (only 450 degrees) Safe rather than sorry as 1st. gen M104 cam covers aren't just lying around everywhere. I post pics when I get it back.

Jayare

1 - 10 of 10 Posts