Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was recommended by my carcraftsman to bolt on MSD to get more power, engine torque.
MSDs are originally made for American-old-cars such as written on their catalogue.
I was so surprised his imagination for Applying MSD-for-USA-cars on German SL/SLC cars,
just bolting on - very simple way. MSDs are the USA-made, so easy for Americans to get.
He said to return original situation is easy too, just cut MSD switch off or unbolt it, he said.

Just watch the movie. MSDs URL:
MSD Ignition
MSD Ignition Products

I felt my car getting more power, torque after using MSD, especially starting dashes.
I imagine he made some trys and errors and finally found the matching part No.6200-6A,
for 450,500 SL/SLC and 560SL. About 10 members of MB Club 107 Japan use MSD for their
cars, saying nice for it (it has now about 80 members for SL/SLC).

MSD parts consist of 4. Control box, Performance coil, and 2 dedicated parts for MSD.
AS for my car, those 2 were changed, 8 sparking plugs and 2 bunches of electric cords for L/R banks.
MSD bolted on my car pic is at #14 URL:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1619727-about-20-years-ago-i-made-2.html

MSD for your car is NOT expensive ! How about trying MSD for your car ?

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
I am curious if the mileage per gallon will improve? There is also a unit by Jacobs that makes some fairly remarkable improvement claims, I wonder how true. I know the spark plug fires multiple times in one firing of a cylinder, and likewise on each other cylinder, it should at least reduce emisions by also fireing on the exhaust stroke burning unburnt residue. I'm curious to the worthwile effectiveness.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am curious if the mileage per gallon will improve? There is also a unit by Jacobs that makes some fairly remarkable improvement claims, I wonder how true. I know the spark plug fires multiple times in one firing of a cylinder, and likewise on each other cylinder, it should at least reduce emisions by also fireing on the exhaust stroke burning unburnt residue. I'm curious to the worthwile effectiveness.
Hi Gohot,

>I am curious if the mileage per gallon will improve?
I don't feel the improvement of the mileage per gallon, right now.

Please remember this thread's title:
"Getting More power, torque, using AMERICAN parts for German SL/SLC ? "

I am also curious to know the best way increasing engine power, torque,
'stronger' starting acceleration with MSD,
by adjusting max power and torque range lower setting of engine rpm.
(its free by using MSD)

Perhaps adjusting max power and torque higher rpm of engine makes the improvement of the mileage per gallon.
But I think it might make your car dull starting.

Economical fuel efficiency and high power, torque
-- these two sets of merits are not compatible ?
At that point, MSD maybe useless for you ?
:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts