Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just cleaned up my car's exterior ( i helped here and there) I did the interior, he also removed the badge on the trunk lid...here are some shots: Unfortunately the photos were taken at night.

BADGE:
Before:

After:

Body Shots:

Interior Shots:

I thought it turned out nice. [[[ Ray--I know your reading this, y not sign up and post back. ]]] Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks

Kris

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Very Nice looken car, I like that gold color. I wish the inside of my little girl looked that good[:I]. In due time, all in due time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jhodg5ck - 5/5/2005 11:27 PM

what did you use on the leather??

Jonathan
Jonathan,
I used Formula 2001 Super Protectant. I put a spray head into the bottle, then sprayed some of the stuff on to the seats, then my friend gave me this 10" Polisher/Buffer, I went at the larger areas like seats and doors with it. Then when it came to the smaller areas I used a cloth. Then in the end, I took another cloth and buffed and wiped down all the areas where i applied the protecant.

Its made by Turtle Wax:
"HP-83/5
Formula 2001 Super Protectant
5 Gallon Flex Pak

This revolutionary protectant beautifies and protects vinyl, leather, plastic and rubber. Urethane enriched formula contains Sun Stop® for superior protection against U.V. ray damage. Over 2001 uses; dashboards, vinyl seats, plastic trim, bumpers, window and door molding, splash guards, etc."

I couldnt find a well enough link to it online other than the one at Turtle Wax's website. So here are pics of the bottle with my sprayer modification:

-Kris

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, do you all think i should do the "paint the grille black" mod? You know what im talking about? Do you think it would look nice? I wonder if anyone could photoshop me up a pic...hmmm

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Naa, it looks good the way it is, if the car was a diffrent color, maybe. It Looks perfect the way it is!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Car is looking great man!

Mods I would do:

Tints
Black Grill Insert
Newer MB steering wheel
You're rims are fine but get the center caps!
Euro Lights/possible clear corners

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Benzonline - 5/6/2005 1:28 AM

Car is looking great man!

Mods I would do:

Tints
Black Grill Insert
Newer MB steering wheel
You're rims are fine but get the center caps!
Euro Lights/possible clear corners
Tints are planned but still need money.
the Black Grille Insert, not sure 100% on yet.
the center cap, my mechanic is still hunting me down one, he cant seem to find the right size.
MB Steering wheel, i dont like the airbag steering wheels, the look pudgy and lack the nice emblem that mine has, if anything i think i could get a wheel--like mine--but with wood on it.
Eurolights, planned, I want to get the ones just like yours, I found a website (it was mentioned here they had a kit for $249--but i lost the link...) I think i am going to keep the amber corners.
When more money comes, more mods will too.

Right now, i just ordered a Pioneer DEH-P80MP Deck to replace my cheapy one.

I payed 276, retails @ 399+.

Kris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts