Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -
Just spent two weeks in Germany, all over different cities and I'm trying to get caught up on all the "chit chat". I have some interesting observations from my trip though...

1) All the Benz's that I saw, most of them had no designation on them. Could tell the difference between C,E,S classes, but that's it.

2) Most taxi's are Benz.

3) Driving on the Autobahn is a dang trip, I thought I drove fast! Even crazier in a MB Vito. Google it, then picture it going 90 MPH.

4) Autobahn accidents, horrendous. Nuff said bout that.

5) The rear fog-lamp, yeah they use them.

6) Did go to Stuttgart, went to the MB dealership and museum. Gota bunch of MB stuff. Cool place.

All in all, good to be back home in MY Benz, but what a beautiful country. Now, back to my reading...lots to get caught up on.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have lived for about 18 years in north, central and southern ( West ) Germany.
Did you also notice that they use the LEFT lane for passing :D ( Would the lady wearing the hat and driving the blue Ford Taurus please get out of the left lane!) and they drive with both hands on the wheel and both eyes on the road? To drive any other way on the Autobahn is suicidal.:eek: They also use their turn signals - what an odd custom.
Glad you enjoyed your trip and hope you got to see several sights.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they actually drive over there and not "cruise" from place to place. We went to Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfort, Nuremberg and Fussen. Nice places...

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Also driving at 120 mph with a "European delivery car" you still have to keep watching carefully if someone is coming from behind you at a lot higher speed. The difference between 120 mph and the common 250 km limited speed is still significant, and not all cars are limited to 250 km/h.

At a lot of traffic one would not see cars driving 250 km/h that often though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it was very interesting to sit in the right lane and just watch how people maneuver in and out of traffic. Since I was driving a barn door/manhole cover around, I chose to stay mostly with the trucks. I didn't venture out into the left lane very often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts