Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 s550 and I'm trying to figure out how to mount front plates. The front bumper is curvy. How do I mount it with out it looking to odd or cheap per se

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got mine from www.europeanplates.com.
The plastic mounting bracket has many holes, four of which just about lined up with the screw holes from my existing front plate. The top of the plate bracket fitted in nicely with the lines of the front bumper and grille.

I used their bundle offer for a custom plate, bracket, D sticker, and state decals. Link
No complaints.

Post a pic!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the plates , black bracket but I dont know how to secure it. It looks odd bc the bumper is curve. Do you have pics for front of s550

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is the this first front plate - i.e. no holes there already? If not you will need to pre-tap holes for the screws. Mine had a blank US plate on the front, so no drilling for me.

I have heard 3M have a very strong velcro alternative if you're not worried about it being stolen. Maybe Dual Lock?

For the location on the front bumper, check out the pics here - German S class with German plates on front.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got mine from www.europeanplates.com.
The plastic mounting bracket has many holes, four of which just about lined up with the screw holes from my existing front plate. The top of the plate bracket fitted in nicely with the lines of the front bumper and grille.

I used their bundle offer for a custom plate, bracket, D sticker, and state decals. Link
No complaints.

Post a pic!
I just saw this post and wanted to add an update:
I had problems with false positives from my Parktronic, traced to the front plate and holder.
Better get an OEM plate holder instead.
See this thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts