Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320 , 2012 Mercedes ML350 4Matic , 1999 BMW 328iC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 E320 is my baby! i love that car and for sure when i have kids thats what they will get (maybe the newer CDI ones though). But i also have a 99 bmw 328iC (Which i hate) and a 2012 Ml350 (the definition of sex). But i have always wanted to have a muscle car but am not really interested in american cars :p . My 97 e320 pretty much is stock but still hauls major booty! I really want to try to convert it into a like a German muscle car because i am tired of hearing people always saying american muscle or nothing etc. i dont know how i will go about this project but i just wanted to know how yall feel about that? And no i wont go and get a E55 or anything else. but personal opinion how do yall feel about it. and any ideas? i could really soupe it up or just keep it looking like a sleeper .. idk? sorry for the long read guys and please try not to be total jerks i just want an opinion cuz my dad already was like wth is wrong with you its a benz not a ford.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
If your definition of sex is an ML350, then your definition of muscle car is seriously suspect. Which explains why you think you can do this.

Your dad is only halfway right. The issue is not that it is not a Ford. After all, who can build a Taurus muscle car? If that's the turd you want to polish, you sell it and get the SHO version. Your car is not a muscle car and short of dropping twice what it's worth, it never will be. And even if you boost the daylights out of your M104, you will also negatively affect its reliability. And you'll have to replace the driveline so it will support the 8-bolt flex discs or you'll just tear those up.

The reality (not just my opinion) is that you could buy an E55 for less than it will cost you to increase the useful power in your engine even by one-fourth. And the E55 includes not only the tasty E55 engine, intake and exhaust, but you'll get lots of other upgraded/performance features (suspension, driveline, brakes, etc.).

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
My 97 E320 is my baby! i love that car and for sure when i have kids thats what they will get (maybe the newer CDI ones though). But i also have a 99 bmw 328iC (Which i hate) and a 2012 Ml350 (the definition of sex). But i have always wanted to have a muscle car but am not really interested in american cars :p . My 97 e320 pretty much is stock but still hauls major booty! I really want to try to convert it into a like a German muscle car because i am tired of hearing people always saying american muscle or nothing etc. i dont know how i will go about this project but i just wanted to know how yall feel about that? And no i wont go and get a E55 or anything else. but personal opinion how do yall feel about it. and any ideas? i could really soupe it up or just keep it looking like a sleeper .. idk? sorry for the long read guys and please try not to be total jerks i just want an opinion cuz my dad already was like wth is wrong with you its a benz not a ford.
:big laugh: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,729 Posts
Get nice muffler polishing kit the same day you buy E55.
I used to buy performance cars in the past, but most of the time 3-6 months later I was getting speeding ticket.
Not that I didn't get speeding ticket driving my 44 HP Volkswagen pickup.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320 , 2012 Mercedes ML350 4Matic , 1999 BMW 328iC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol

Yes I have had sex lol that's just my opinion of awsome , we used to own a 09 s550 but I personally like the ML more then that which doesn't make any sense to people, and no yall aren't being jerks I just meant it in a way that everyone expects the E55 to be fast I just wanted to surprise and demolish anything that pulls up next to me, thanks for your input though i'm glad for it, but idk I just want to try something different...how do yall feel about the CLS class I like those never been in one but how do yall think of it? And onceagain my opinion I think it looks sexy lol thanks though

·
Registered
96 SL500, 97 E420,
1,098 Posts
A ML55 would be sexy, much more so than a 350 if you want it to be sexy.

German muscle starts with AMG, no 2 ways around it.

·
Premium Member
1972 280CE
4,211 Posts
He needs to start with a corvette or similar and go from there. There's no sense in tuning anything MB, it's just too expensive and will be a pain in the rear to maintain. Chevy tuner parts can be bought off the shelf from just about anywhere local or online. Support will never end for them.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,729 Posts
I admire Unimogs for decades, but in the past they have been powered by small engines as their duties were offroading and not freeway driving.
Bottom line - E320 has more power than most of them.
The article says nothing about Arnold's custom order so we can only guess if 1/4 million bought bigger engine. Than article says "picked up today" but I can't find the data on it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts