Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am gonna go to germany june 11th for sure now and i was wondering how to go about finding the junk yards/wrecking yards over there.....i will be in many parts starting with hamburg, stuttgart and berlin just to name the few main places......does anyone know if they are really all dried up of old benz parts?

I talked to justin and he said when he was there they were all gone yet i saw a video of a guy with a diesel wagon w123 going to a yard in koln and getting parts.

Any idea guys?

i just want to know if it is as bad as i hear or if i wont have that hard of a time finding some euro lights and what not?

·
Registered
W124.036 / W210.074
248 Posts
Yes, it will be very hard to get good sort of W123 or W124 Parts here in Germany, because everything will be shipped to Africa or Eastern Europe!

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so are there any good hits as to where in german would be a good place to look? maybe old town off the beat and track= meaning small towns now heard of?

·
Registered
163 Posts
DieselKraut22 said:
so are there any good hits as to where in german would be a good place to look? maybe old town off the beat and track= meaning small towns now heard of?
Id suggest you follow those ships headed to eastern europe and africa. j/k.

nenad

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
last three times i was there visiting friends that live there - outside of Bonn - they laughed at me....Europe is not like the US - land is scarce - they do not waste it on junk yards....they scrap and recycle the "old timers" and move on - there are very little old cars on the road due to evironmental impact and cost to run - in regards to fuel and tax operational costs -

Good Luck
Jake

·
Registered
1980 280te 1979 Rabbit D 1969 Triumph T100C
1,406 Posts
i will be headed there on the 13th! Dieselkraut i assume you are aware of the factory museum opening on 20th?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was not ...maybe we can meet up im gonna go all over.

i saw a few yards there packed with old cars from this year so i hope köln is still having a few yards with parts.

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
When will you be back from Germany?

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
hey garrett get me a pair of the red tail lights. u know the ALL red tail lights! hah ill pay u back.

G

·
yep, like i told him, its ALL gone..............those headlamps i got (euro round holed) were the last set in like all of Landkreises Heilbronn, Mannheim, und Ludwigsburg..........

since they arent "correct" for my ride (i need euro flat lensed) (breitbandleuchter), iu left them there, when i came to florida..........they are sitting in Affaltrach, in the trunk of boss's 6er BMW, which is stored there............

if anyone wanted them, it'd be hard, cause u'd have to pay me for them, and then pay for shipping (whatever the Deutsche Post says its is, at the post office, right down the hill from the house).........

but yeah, dont expect to find too much...............and that video, well, those guys were pissed i recall, and drove off, because all that was there was parts for w201's, not w123's and 116's and stuff, like they had come there for.... u still get w201 190e's and d's by the dozen there, since its still a very popular car.........

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,165 Posts
AMSOIL300CDT said:
since they arent "correct" for my ride (i need euro flat lensed)
You know, the only "correct" lenses for the diesel coupe are the US DOT round lights.
Yes, European gasser coupes came with the boxy lights, but there were no European diesel coupes.
Therefore (in my opinion), the round Euros are closer to "correct" than the gasser's headlights since they look so close to the US DOT's.

Of course, neither is technically correct, so do what you will.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so the country of germany sold out and sent all the old benz w123s and so forth to africa and the middle east.....hmmm let me take a sec here....oh yeah here it is....I WILL NOT COME BACK EMTY HANDED......there are lots of lil countries around germany and if i have to go to them then i will and sure ill see the country while i do it ...but its just not right to go there and not get those great euro parts.

How much are new lights from the factory IN germany?

Maybe poland or the swiss or the swedes....austria?

People get rid of their cars all everyday here and in europe so i guess i have a mission now guys....euro lights and a set of all red euro tail lights.

No requests til i get there guys i will contact the forum when i get there and let everyone know what i find.

i leave the 11th and i will be gone for 2weeks. in 2 week i have to be able to find something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts