Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a very nice 1988 230ce German import in town for sale. The owner says there;s no rust and it;s running well with no issues( aren't they all?). My question is regarding the maintenance and parts for this car. Namely, can most parts be obtained locally? Are many of the parts (sensors,brakes,fuel system) a lot different than a NA model? The car is a real looker with the euro grill but I'd hate to get in over my head with it being imported.

Is it a case of run away quick or it may not be so bad? It has the little 4 cyl w/auto in it so it should be good on gas but probably lower in power. The mileage is about 130Km. Thanks for any input.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,745 Posts
Shouldn't be hard to get basic parts for the car. Besides the motor/transmission, most CE parts will interchange with any E sedan with the obvious exception of CE specific pieces of the body/interior. From the windshield base forward, it is an E class car.

I am not familiar with a "euro" grill. I suspect it is an aftermarket part that has been installed. As for mileage....the 2.3 4 cyl is going to be working hard to haul that car around. Coupes have a few pounds extra over the sedans.

Jayare

1 - 3 of 3 Posts