Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've been looking at some videos on YouTube for Eismann exhaust notes, and it sounds pretty mean, are there any other exhaust options out there, legal in the US? Also, what is involved and how much does this cost?

·
Registered
01 CLK55 & 00 ML55
863 Posts
Eisenmann Race 2x83 is pretty loud. Sounds really cool, not watery or obnoxious like some of the trucks and mustangs around. I like that sound ok on a mustang, but the eisenmann is really nice for the CLK. I don't know that you would want much louder. All my friends think it's sweet. it's not only loud enough, it's got a really nice sound to it.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was involved in the whole process, and if you don't mind throwing out a ballpark figure as far as cost goes I would appreciate that too. I figure you buy the exhaust components, and then just pay a shop to install it, but I've never had this done before to any of my cars which are all bone stock so I'm none the wiser.

·
Registered
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2000 E55 AMG, 2009 GL550, 1954 LINCOLN CAPRI. 1967 VW BEETLE
249 Posts
Depending on new or used, you can spend anywhere from 500 (if you're lucky and find a used one), up to $900+. The list price went up again a few months ago, Eisenmann on a w208 is pretty desirable. Installation can be anywhere from 50 to 110 on average

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
dz111 said:
Depending on new or used, you can spend anywhere from 500 (if you're lucky and find a used one), up to $900+. The list price went up again a few months ago, Eisenmann on a w208 is pretty desirable. Installation can be anywhere from 50 to 110 on average
mine was 800+70=Tax+install for a total of $1051 ...i prob overpaid a bit..but its a trusted spot n authorized retailer or wateva for them so i was fine wit it...

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you guys buy the exhaust? Ebay? Local? Is there an online store that sells them? Is the Eismann exhaust for the W208 CLK model a cat back system?

:confused:

Any helpful replies are much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts