Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 W126 Mercedes 560SEC
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi gents.
this is going to sound silly, but I need some advice.
I have the two Bosch foglights fitted on the front lower bumper (fender??:thumbsup:)
They haven't been working, so I got underneath, checked the bulbs etc, with no luck. Anyways, I followed the wiring for both of them, and neither of them are connected to anything!!
Great thinks I, I'll just find the relevant plugs in the engine bay:D
Now comes the problem. I see two 'spare' plugs coming from the loom on the left side (when looking at the engine bay from the front) which match the fog light fitments.
One has one brown wire and one green/black wire.
The other has 2 x brown wires and 2 x green/black wires.
Although they are both female, they are slightly different shapes, but both will take the fog light plugs.
I've tried connecting a plug to a 'spare', but nothing.
My right side fog light wire is far to short to reach across the engine bay, but there are no other 'spare' plugs in it's vicinity.
Can anyone help?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
They are square Molex connectors and if they are there they will be under the lights or right there. It does NOT stretch across the engine bay. It comes off the lead to the H/L

I think one is GY/GN and the other is GY/GN/WHT I Think.

I looked up the schematic and that's what it said. That was for the Sedan though and there is no schematic for the coupe.

Do you have the manuals? PM me your email if you don't

M

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply M.
d'ya know, I'm still fascinated with the concept that I can 'post' this query, and someone from another continent is able to see and suggest advice!

I haven't got the manuals. The wiring must be different for the saloon, because of the location of the foglights, compared to the SEC. i've looked all over for a suitable socket, but can't see one. Guess I'll need to keep looking....

PM to follow

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Okay, well we all try to help each other here. Fill out your profile so that others near you can offer more help to you. After that PM me and I will send you the links. It is the equivalent of introducing yourself. Also, don't forget to "Subscribe" to your own (or any others that you feel you like) thread. That way you are notified of a reply by email.

Unless someone snipped them off, they should be near or UNDER the headlights. I will take a pic of mine.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
WRT to the foglights, I just had that problem, the right French yellow one would go on, then off and finally stay off

Even though a bulb can be bad with the filament unbroken, it was finally determined that no current was coming through to the foglight.

A replacement light relay ( a junkyard gift to me from Teutone) from the fuse box was put in.............. and voila!!!

Problem solved!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi gents.
Profile updated and threads subscribed to....
Would be obliged if you could send me the schematic for the fog lights M.:bowdown:

i've looked and looked, with no joy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts