Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
The 103 gas engine has been used from 1990 till 1994. It has a true Brabus engine with all the tags and labels installed in the engine bay. (I had one in the past) .
What's strange is that almost all the brabus modified G's where full option delivered including LEATHER. That's a good and a bad thing. The bad thing is that the fabric looks cheap in a Brabus G but the good thing is that the Brabus leather change color over the years (I had one in the past) Mine was a full option WITHOUT tinted glass. So the sun worked hard on the color.
Airbags were not available in the early 463. It was available with OEM (most of the time S class parts). What was not available by mercedes at that time is the wood on the steering wheel. So it could be possible that the steering wheel has a non functional airbag that comes from an earlier G class.
It's not a 1990 or 1991 G because those had the front power window switches installed next to the differential switches.
The early 463 had only zebrano wood in the interior but Brabus had Burlwood packages (has this on my Brabus)

But why you don't ask the dealer for the build year?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good day!

I got this from Japan, unfortunately they only specified the year of first registration which is 1998 and not the actual manufacturing year of the vehicle. I need to give my buyer the specific year model and its confusing because as you said it supposed to come with leather seats.

thanks though.

thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It is not supposed to come with leather seats, BUT the most expensive modification on the brabus is the engine. So after paying thousands on the engine paying a little bit more for the leather is not a big deal for the first buyer

It is for sure not a 1998 model

1 - 6 of 6 Posts