Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Yesterday, I pressed hardly on the Gaz pedal to have a kick down when entering in the h-w.

Since, the gaz pedal started to have a sort of "resistance" action at a precised position.

I unclip the gaz pedal from the gaz "stick" (sorry, I can't figure the word in English) and didn't see nothing...I do not know if there is a missing part. No parts on the floor.

I done a quick lub and seems a very little bit better...Still not normal...When I push by hand the "thing" behind the gaz pedal, it move smoothly.

So, I think it is either the pedal or the connecting part end that is clipped on the pedal.

Can you help me define what is my problem and if I have a part to change, wich one ?

Also, if you have any pics or exploded view drawing, it can be very hepful.

Thanks,
Uncle Benz

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
The throttle linkages in the engine bay might be in dire need of lubrication. IIRC the manual recommends ATF but others have used some other type with no ill effects. Make sure you clean up all the ball joints first before diving into this and have some rags and WD-40 ready to clean up the rust inside the ball joints.

Attachments

·
Registered
951 Posts
Have you checked the service manual? I looked in there and there are some exploded side views of the throttle linkage and everything.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So you guys beleive that is related to the trottle linkage not inside the cabin? I didn't thought to check there because I was convinced that the trouble came from the cabin with the Gaz pedal assembly.

Thanks for your information guys (and thanks Mr Beige for the drawing assy).

As soon as I can check it, I will do a lub on this and I'll will tell you to let you know.

Have a great evening,
Uncle Benz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts